Best fish & chips in Crookes?

anyone know what time New cod on the block closes?.... starving now, after reading this thread

It shuts at 9pm. They thought about opening later, but I don't think they need to.

Well I have been to New Cod on the Block three times now, and each time it has been closed. Anyone know what its opening times are ?

dunno bout crookes but green steps on sharrow is lurvley :)

it was nice when the chinese couple had it , the curry sauce was to die for :thumbsup:

Suprised at the votes for the Admiral. I tend to judge a chippy first on the smell when I walk past, and the smell of the Admiral has at times made me gag, so I've never even considered going there.

The one at the bottom of Bolehill is fine if you get it on a good day, but the quality is variable.

Not been to Broomheads for years so can't comment.

Excited by the reviews for New Cod - especially as they're keeping up the tradition of bad puns for chippies in their name :). Will have to give them a go.

new cod on the block is the same person who owned broomhill fryer.my mate built the chippy.there food is top notch.broomheads,if his missus smiled her face would crack.so bloody miserable.they would make the fish hop back into the sea.as for admiral its hit and miss depending on whos frying.oh theres 1 at crosspool too thats not bad either pop in there sometimes when i pick young un up.

Got to be New Cod on the Block. Guys used to have Broomhill Fisheries and their buisness partner had Bryan's on South Road. Went in other day and the owner remembered me from when i used to nip to Broomhill at dinner like 6 years ago now that is customer service!

Broomheads broomheads broomheads!!!!

lees house in deepcar, the best food around, i travel from hillsbrough to deepcar rather then use the local rubblish

new cod on the block and broomheads! only go to admiral if u like grease pouring off your food and enimic chips!

been to new cod on the block tonite , must admit that the quality was 100% perfect

will be back many many times in the future ...... nice 1 Tony

codrephenia on walkley near the sportsman,people come from all over north sheffield for the food.

codrephenia on walkley near the sportsman,people come from all over north sheffield for the food.

partner in N.C.O.T.B