Henry Matthews and sons

for Frankjnr - I think you might remember me - Arthur Suter or Sooty from the early 60's - please P.M. as i'm new and can't P.M. yet. Would love to hear from you.

for Frankjnr - I think you might remember me - Arthur Suter or Sooty from the early 60's - please P.M. as i'm new and can't P.M. yet. Would love to hear from you.

great to hear from you frank,i am living in langley b.c.canada now.retired twelve years ago.i remember your mom and dad very well ,couldn,t wish to meet nicer people my friend ted sharpe lived a couple of doors down from you on old retford rd.do you know what happend george broughton?.im new to this commputer stuff, so was elated to get a reply so soon. thanks a lot.

i used to have a mate called barry ramsden used to drive for them around 1965.i used to drive for rileys at intake used to see mathews all over the uk

great to hear from you bryan.i rember getting a ride with you down to london,im sure this was in 1971.sorry i accidently erased your address. please get in touch again.and we will have a good chat eightlegger'

great to hear from you bryan.i rember getting a ride with you down to london,im sure this was in 1971.sorry i accidently erased your address. please get in touch again.and we will have a good chat eightlegger'

i remember lots of names from rileys from the 1960s i started at rileys in 1964 driving a old s type bedford working out of stuat and lloyds on rutland rd then moved on to a tk bedford doing multie drop work for rdb all over uk good old days

i remember lots of names from rileys from the 1960s i started at rileys in 1964 driving a old s type bedford working out of stuat and lloyds on rutland rd then moved on to a tk bedford doing multie drop work for rdb all over uk good old days

hey there bryan great to hear from you so soon.re:names at rileys,roy barton,my best friend (taught him to drive) best man at our wedding. sad to say, he died of cancer,about six years ago.des thomson,george broughton,dave plummer,ted sharp,tommy rawlins,henry stuart,frank blackburn,dennis arnold[theres a bloke that could handle an artic]and the commancheros from eckington[terry bennet dennis/cedric may,big ron]jack buckles,used to keep the royal oak in eckington i believe;fred savage[my uncle]jack lowe and jack allison.not forgetting my dear mate at rdb les homer.harry hopkinson,inthe office along with john jenkinson'i did a lot of trips on the truncking side,nights up to brough.change over with scotsmen from irvine and return.afternoons down to skf at luton and return happy times. before i left there i drovethe eight wheel erf,kvon A licence trammping.willtalk to later bye for now eightlegger.

hi, eightlegger is your old mate les homer the same guy who worked at barbers / proctors, if so i worked with him around 1966 - 67 nice feller i heard he had a fatel accident at mathews is that true ?

hey there bryan great to hear from you so soon.re:names at rileys,roy barton,my best friend (taught him to drive) best man at our wedding. sad to say, he died of cancer,about six years ago.des thomson,george broughton,dave plummer,ted sharp,tommy rawlins,henry stuart,frank blackburn,dennis arnold[theres a bloke that could handle an artic]and the commancheros from eckington[terry bennet dennis/cedric may,big ron]jack buckles,used to keep the royal oak in eckington i believe;fred savage[my uncle]jack lowe and jack allison.not forgetting my dear mate at rdb les homer.harry hopkinson,inthe office along with john jenkinson'i did a lot of trips on the truncking side,nights up to brough.change over with scotsmen from irvine and return.afternoons down to skf at luton and return happy times. before i left there i drovethe eight wheel erf,kvon A licence trammping.willtalk to later bye for now eightlegger.

Hi eightlegger.I remember a Dennis Arnold who was at A.E.Evans on Queens Road before they moved to Cricket Inn Road.I think he left in 1970ish when I started with them.I also worked with a Dave Plummer at Naylor and Wagstaffes in Parkway Market in 1969,got to be the same Dave I reckon?

Chris

Hi eightlegger.I remember a Dennis Arnold who was at A.E.Evans on Queens Road before they moved to Cricket Inn Road.I think he left in 1970ish when I started with them.I also worked with a Dave Plummer at Naylor and Wagstaffes in Parkway Market in 1969,got to be the same Dave I reckon?

Chris

hi cris i worked with dave plumer at rileys and ross garages at wincobank i was in contact with dave up to 2001 but lost contact i wonder if he is still kicking

bryan

hi cris i worked with dave plumer at rileys and ross garages at wincobank i was in contact with dave up to 2001 but lost contact i wonder if he is still kicking

bryan

He's the same Dave Plummer then Bryan.I recall him telling me he worked for Ross Garages (whatever happened to them?).The last time I saw him was at Glass Glover or maybe it was Winbloodycanton then at Maltby when he came in on an agency job.I was shunting and didn't recognise him until he told me who he was.Must have been early 2000's,can't remember exactly.He was a great bloke to work with,you had to stick together on that market job driving - not enough hours in t'day..............................................:hihi:

Chris.

He's the same Dave Plummer then Bryan.I recall him telling me he worked for Ross Garages (whatever happened to them?).The last time I saw him was at Glass Glover or maybe it was Winbloodycanton then at Maltby when he came in on an agency job.I was shunting and didn't recognise him until he told me who he was.Must have been early 2000's,can't remember exactly.He was a great bloke to work with,you had to stick together on that market job driving - not enough hours in t'day..............................................:hihi:

Chris.

hi cris ross garages sold out to humber whaerhousing in grimsby in around 1975 at that time i moved to felixstowe and worked for a middle east company called fayez driving over land to middle east came back to sheffield in 1990 good old days

bryan

hi cris ross garages sold out to humber whaerhousing in grimsby in around 1975 at that time i moved to felixstowe and worked for a middle east company called fayez driving over land to middle east came back to sheffield in 1990 good old days

bryan

I wondered what happened to them Bryan,thanks.I think they were a Swansea based company and were maybe the first in Sheffield area to have well trailers for coils - luxury indeed.:cool:I once picked one of their trunkers up about 6-00am at Monmouth when on my way to Llanwern.He was from Swansea and had run out of time,dumping the artic,a Scania 110 I think,in a lay-by at Raglan.

Nearest I got to Middle East was Lincoln.I'll bet you have some tales to tell.:)

I notice you worked out of Stewart and Lloyds on Rutland Road.Prestons off Woodburn Road had an Albion 4-wheeler in there when I worked for them in 1968/69 but I can't recall the driver's name - it could have been Henry,not sure.

Edited by Manxdeedah

Chris

hi there chris,good to know you.dennis arnold was a great mate,would love to hear from him.dave plummer and i were really close mates,my wife and i used to go out with him and his wife pat socially.he got a job at buckleys,cattle transporters in eckington ,and a house to go with it .we helped them to clean, and decorate it.lost touch when we moved to winnipeg canada,would like to hear from him again.thanks a lot chris for your reply. eightlegger.