Police G20 death

the police may well have been under attack that day but based on what footage has been shown the only person being attacked when the film was rolling was that guy,

you cant sack a man from pushing some one no, but if you or i pushed some one in the street like that in any street and a police officer witnessed it you or i would be arrested im sure of it

The police would go to hell and back to link that death with the fall if it had been a civilian who did the pushing.

I think the fact the police lied about any 'contact' with the victim before he died speaks volumes - a line they spun to the IPCC.

According to his family (prior to this video surfacing) he was on his way home from work in a local newsagents. It's entirely possible he was listening to an MP3 player, or even a radio as the police approached.

Another key point is that don't see what happened before the camera is turned in his direction, nor do we know why it was turned in his direction. He may have been struck already, he was certainly moving slowly.

I'd like to see some footage of what happened before the police got so close to him before judging, but at the moment, I think they're in a pretty indefensible position. This happened at 19.20, when what trouble there was had been had long since been calmed.

the police may well have been under attack that day but based on what footage has been shown the only person being attacked when the film was rolling was that guy

he was sauntering in front of a bunch of police with his hands in his pockets mate. to me, that indicates one of 2 things....

1. he was incredibly stupid

2. he had no respect for the police-work going on that day

you cant sack a man from pushing some one no, but if you or i pushed some one in the street like that in any street and a police officer witnessed it you or i would be arrested im sure of it

as we should be snail :)

whats your point?

because the two situations are not comparable

The police would go to hell and back to link that death with the fall if it had been a civilian who did the pushing.

again, you cannot blame someone's heart attack on being pushed...

that guy needed to eat less doughnuts and get more exercise....

if anyone's to blame, it was himself :)

i never suggested you were :)

until you have spent the day being attacked by hooligans....i would kindly suggest that you have no idea how you would act as an officer of the law......when some guy casually strolls in front of you, when you're clearing an area.

The question is a point of law...is this discussion too difficult for you?

If you walk down Fargate and strike someone from behind, who in no way, has provoked you and they fall - hit their head on the ground and suffer a heart attack. The CPS would recommend a manslaughter charge.

The intent is not there therefore it would be manslaughter

No one is above the law...absolutely no one my friend

perhaps i have been to quick to judge, trying to imagine how the cop feels, can you imagine it, for what ever reason he did do what he did he didnt set out to kill him did he and god imagine how he feels now,the **** he's in,the guilt .....................................but i do still stand by hes a man of authority who should be protecting us (which i guess he was that day) but he didnt protect that man, pushing him and the guy dies ey dear, i guess it will unfold , not every thing is so black and white is it, just so shocking

again, you cannot blame someone's heart attack on being pushed...

that guy needed to eat less doughnuts and get more exercise....

if anyone's to blame, it was himself :)

Can heart attacks not be caused by stress, or at least aggravated by it.

Do you think president Kennedy was at fault for not having thicker hair ?

The question is a point of law...is this discussion too difficult for you?

If you walk down Fargate and strike someone from behind, who in no way, has provoked you and they fall - hit their head on the ground and suffer a heart attack. The CPS would recommend a manslaughter charge.

The intent is not there therefore it would be manslaughter

:thumbsup::thumbsup: thats what i was trying to say

The question is a point of law...is this discussion too difficult for you?]

well it might be if you expect me to mind-read :)

as they should.

but we don't know what has happened here do we?

why would that man wander in front of a hyped up police squad with his hands in his pockets?

if it was me, i would have hurried out of the way, making myself look as non-threatening as possible.....hands out of pockets and in the air....'yes officer, i heard you...i'm on my way home'

dun dun daaaaaa!! :)

of course they are not.

but stop blaming the police when they are not at fault

Can heart attacks not be caused by stress, or at least aggravated by it?

yes....

but if he'd died having sex with his wife...would you have charged her with manslaughter? :)

that guys card was marked dude

yes....

but if he'd died having sex with his wife...would you have charged her with manslaughter? :)

that guys card was marked dude

A natural act, as opposed to this particular one.

just so shocking

really?

'man has heart attack and dies' is that shocking to you snail?

or the sensationalist way our wonderful media will grab and run with this..

grrrr......