What further upgrades do i need to make my pc run even faster

never heard of setting affinity in task manager? i run a lot of driving sims like GTLegends although its made to only use 1 core. if i set it to use all four i get far better performance.

also its nice to be able to author a dvd from a avi, serch the web download torrents and play music without any slowdown.

why go i7 and have to buy a new board and RAM ?

I have a Foxconn G31MX-K motherboard and a Radeon HD 4870 graphics card.

I might be interested in the graphics card if you do upgrade.

no body NEEDS a Quad Core,

*Throws Dual Quad core Xeon Mac Pro out of window*

That's a great graphics card, super fast. I have the earlier HD 3870 in my... oh wait, I just threw it out the window.

*Throws Dual Quad core Xeon Mac Pro out of window*

That's a great graphics card, super fast. I have the earlier HD 3870 in my... oh wait, I just threw it out the window.

nooooooo!!!

oh nvm...only a mac

:hihi:

I have a 3870X2 and a 3870 in crossfire in my machine... I recently saw a 4890 and was like "I want an x2 version" :) lol.

I think overclocking could be the way to go although i have never done it before.

From what i have seen on the net i could easily overclock my processor to around 4ghz.

How would i go about doing this and what sort of things would i need to purchase?

if you want to goto 4ghz id recommend water cooling.

Do not disregard the above comments, charlies advice would also be the maintenence of your computer, such as browser information that can be stored, history, other related issues that are registered within the registry, also clearing private data, and many other simple issues if maintained will improve your computer performance without costs and stress, if you would like a free diagnosis then call us.

never heard of setting affinity in task manager? i run a lot of driving sims like GTLegends although its made to only use 1 core. if i set it to use all four i get far better performance.

also its nice to be able to author a dvd from a avi, serch the web download torrents and play music without any slowdown.

why go i7 and have to buy a new board and RAM ?

You can set whatever affinity you like, it only runs on one core, unless you've got a lot of other stuff running in the background to assign to the other 3 cores it will make no difference moving from 2 to 4.

The graphics card is pretty good, not quite top of the range anymore, you could add another one in crossfire if the motherboard supports it, or a 4870*2 in triple crossfire.

The extra memory definitely wouldn't hurt, I don't think there's any point in changing the processor though.

Personally, if I had money to spend a setup like that, I'd get a decent monitor, it's the bit you stare at all the time, 19" must be like going back to 2001.

Get one of these

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=5588

You can set whatever affinity you like, it only runs on one core, unless you've got a lot of other stuff running in the background to assign to the other 3 cores it will make no difference moving from 2 to 4.

your quite wrong, the performance of GTL, Rfactor and GTR2 increases when you set affinity to all 4 cores. if you doubt it, try for your self.

you can see the cores being used in the cpu history. the FPS goes up. and the games run smoother.

My friends got a ati 9600 agp graphics card and yes!....................it's crap!