A load of old Pollack

Guest sibon

How many of you are too embarrassed to ask for pollack at the fish counter?

Sainsbury's seem to think that it is a problem:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20090406/tod-sainsbury-s-rebrands-fish-to-spare-b-6058bda.html

So they have rebranded the fish as "colin", which happens to be the French name for a different species of fish. :huh::huh:

Seems that the suits at Sainsburys have gone stark raving PC mental ? It seems that us chaps are embarrased when it comes to ordering Pollack from the fish counter because it sounds a bit rude, So they have re named the much maligned fish to COLIN !! :rolleyes: pronounced Co lon.... Are they mental ?? Do you suffer from bouts of sniggers and guffaws when asking for Pollack ?? Do you ask the wife/partner to get the weekly Pollack for fear of red faces or have you just given up on cheap fish and get cod instead ?? I allways knew that when they changed marathon to snickers it was all downhill :hihi::hihi::hihi: Looks like the art galleries are going to be busy changing all one artist name then..... JACKSON COLIN..... Doesn't quite have the same ring somehow :hihi::hihi:

Great minds eh ? Sibon ;) the mods will merge my thread with yours, you pipped me by 3 minutes :hihi::hihi: :thumbsup: Colin or co lon as sainsburys say is the french for a member :hihi: of the HAKE family by the way.. :thumbsup: My mate Colin is deffo getting called Jackson from now on...

Edited by Rashspateen

Suppose it is good advertising for the fish. " people now have posted a thread about it so its advertising Pollock/Colin to people who may have never heard of it or dont think to get it. I bet sales go up for the novilty of people asking for it. If your named Colin, i bet you wouldn´t be very pleased. :)

Not embarrased at all.However when I asked the girl on the fish counter in Tesco for fishy fingers and some bearded clams,well that's a different matter alltogether.................

And they think 'co-lan' won't make people think of a colon. :hihi: