Waldot Service Station, Middlewood Rd

Yes , I remember mr. & mrs. d.from when they used to visit the garage.

Walter died a few years ago but Dot is still going at 90 now and nothing gets her down even though she cant get about a lot now.Outdoors,would she remember you?

I wouldn't think so bullerboy as I was only part time. There was some staff changes at the time and I'm sure they brought their son as a manager, also a guy called Bob Gorrill who later went to work at hillsborough .

They didnt have a son only Gill their daughter it was probably Alan the son in law.ahaha Bob Gorrill the worlds best spanner twister well he thought so,he went to Weirhead garage.

I think I used to mark my mate used to park his mini car there in the late 50s when we went to see the mighty Owls.

---------- Post added 20-12-2015 at 15:19 ----------

I think my mate used to park his mini car there in the late 50s when we went to see the mighty Owls.

yes we used to charge a small amount for this to pay our wages and for us to be moving the cars around

I used to work at waldot service station 1957

---------- Post added 17-01-2016 at 22:57 ----------

Started first job there straight from school in fifties

So you would have been working in Jack Dysons yard in those days?

I worked for them for around 14yrs,Walt was a perfectionist and if you didnt match up you were down the road.After i left we became friends and i saw him at Bawtry near where he lived two weeks before he died.I still see Dot and phone her quite often. cheers mel.

I worked at Waldot in 1957 when I left school and then went to Hillsborough garage

---------- Post added 22-01-2016 at 17:29 ----------

So you would have been working in Jack Dysons yard in those days?

Yes steam cleaning and undersealing Taxis not a good job when we were apprentice,s Are you Mell Roberts

Edited by Acky72
More to say

yes I am,who are you?i did the taxis as well always in May and a 6am start before the garage work where i worked till ten at night.