Lyric - pls help!

I originally posted this on main forum bt it has 'moved' and I can't find it! Prob better here anyway. Am trying to find name of band/album with only ONE line to go on. Iam, however, an optimist, with great faith in sheff forum users!

Lyric is "and my kid's transistor says it's gonna snow". Band prob produced album in mid to late seventies and were poss american or canadian. Ihad it on tape but tis long since lost. Pls help!

I know you've probably tried all sorts of links and stuff but the closest I could come up with was the one below. Nnnnnnnneeearly similar. What kind of band was it ie rock, dance, etc?

Cloud Cult - Transistor Radio Lyrics

Cloud Cult Transistor Radio Lyrics. These are the Lyrics to Transistor Radio. ... I headed north to rain that turned to snow... I heard grandpa on mytransistor radio. He said, "Kid, its time for me to go, ...

I know you've probably tried all sorts of links and stuff but the closest I could come up with was the one below. Nnnnnnnneeearly similar. What kind of band was it ie rock, dance, etc?

Cloud Cult - Transistor Radio Lyrics

Cloud Cult Transistor Radio Lyrics. These are the Lyrics to Transistor Radio. ... I headed north to rain that turned to snow... I heard grandpa on mytransistor radio. He said, "Kid, its time for me to go, ...

he was told this yesterday even given sites

Thanks Angelwing. Yes, was given some of that info yesterday, but tis none of those. I will find it eventually!