Can a company demand that a low paid employee wear expensive clothes ?

listen - you wanna job you jump through my hoops, simple

Listen- You want a decent employee then you treat me with respect, simple!

Listen- You want a decent employee then you treat me with respect, simple!

wrong, you want to work for me you follow my rules, which part of that is so hard to understand?

I will respect you as an employee but .............. you dont have a skill that I require and no one else has, your not irreplacable and you certainly dont tell me who, where, how or when I decide how to run my company

simple really.

wrong, you want to work for me you follow my rules, which part of that is so hard to understand?

I will respect you as an employee but .............. you dont have a skill that I require and no one else has, your not irreplacable and you certainly dont tell me who, where, how or when I decide how to run my company

simple really.

No I think what is quite simple is that you fail to understand that employees are better motivated when they have a say in what they can wear to work; therefore increasing the profitability of the business and increasing the job satisfaction of the individual.

Simple business sense really, but hey if you get a kick out of instilling archaic working practices then so be it.

No I think what is quite simple is that you fail to understand that employees are better motivated when they have a say in what they can wear to work; therefore increasing the profitability of the business and increasing the job satisfaction of the individual.

Simple business sense really, but hey if you get a kick out of instilling archaic working practices then so be it.

if any of that was actually true you wouldnt need to spend so long trying to goad others on internet forums, heck you`d be that good you could have your own staff to do it for you

remind us, how many jobs have you had?

if any of that was actually true you wouldnt need to spend so long trying to goad others on internet forums, heck you`d be that good you could have your own staff to do it for you

Since when has stating the obvious become "goading"; go away and think up some other archaic practice that will de-motivate your workforce.

If you don't think any of that is true then it would be a wonder if you didn't have high staff turn over, resulting in unnecessary recruitment costs and expensive legal fees defending employment tribunals.

Since when has stating the obvious become "goading"; go away and think up some other archaic practice that will de-motivate your workforce.

Having just read through this thread,i think that you need to grow up a tad and thank your lucky stars for what you have,a bloody job for starters..

It is trouble causing staff like you that are a bain to employers,bet you cannot wait for Friday at 5 to come then go out and slag off the company you work for,whilst cheerily holding your grubby little mitt out for the pay packet. I suppose you are a fully paid up member of where there is a claim there is a blame brigade too:help:

Really.it is simple business sense why are you employed and not an employER

Next Clearance do nice suits.

Really.it is simple business sense why are you employed and not an employER

Indeedy, probbably a shelf stacker at Tesco.

Anyway, ask your brother to be honest and upfront with his boss and they should understand his problem and give him a solution.

Oh I hate stupid employers like this, can't we just employ people who know what they are doing rather than looking good!

Not if the job involves interacting with clients, and the clients have expectations about dress.

Or we'd all be working in jeans and t-shirts.

Pot -> Kettle.

How many people do you employ saxondale?