Crookes. A children's home opening!

Does anybody know about a children's home opening in Crookes? I know the one on Cross Lane closed to build 'luxury apartments'; is this a replacement and if so where are the planning to put it?

As in for naughty children or like a half way home in between foster carers?

Don't know the in's and outs, but I did briefly see a petition about in in Ali's newsagents on School Road. Maybe you could find out more there?

Does anybody know about a children's home opening in Crookes? I know the one on Cross Lane closed to build 'luxury apartments'; is this a replacement and if so where are the planning to put it?

The term 'children's home' might be a bit misleading, as it suggests a large establishment. I believe that this one will be sited on Reservoir Road and will only accommodate three children at a time. It will be run by a private company that already runs a service in Nottingham. The immediate neighbours are protesting about it.

Oh no what ever next, those poor residents!

What about that open prison they are buiklding at Dore

If its the same company i am thinking of it is actually a house for vaunrable children who are waiting to be placed into foster care, they dont house that many so its more like a normal living enviroment for them and they have a sense of security. i think it's a good idea.

If its the same company i am thinking of it is actually a house for vaunrable children who are waiting to be placed into foster care, they dont house that many so its more like a normal living enviroment for them and they have a sense of security. i think it's a good idea.

this is what i heard

Warms the cockles of your heart to see the protests have started...not on my doorstep and all that eh?

I live in Crookes and I wouldn't mind something like this at all. These kids have probably been through times we can't even imagine, and yes, they may be troubled, but who's to blame them?

I think its a really good idea.

Warms the cockles of your heart to see the protests have started...not on my doorstep and all that eh?

I am happy for it to be there; however, I live a street or two away. I can't imagine that the proposal as I understand it will have much impact, even on immediate neighbours.

A few years ago, there was a bail hostel on Conduit Road and that certainly affected the area!

I would imagine a bail hostel would cause objections wherever it was situated, simply because of the character of the residents.

I perhaps didn't phrase my previous comment very well - what I meant was, if it is for small number of vulnerable children (who may well have had a dire start in life) wouldn't it be refreshing to see the residents offering a warm welcome to these children, rather than a hostile one?