Resturant help!

Okay tonight I'll be talking my gf out to a resturant, "Dont know which one" so any recommends would be nice but...

I've never ever ever been to a resturant before in my life and everyones going on about "Tipping" is it nessersary to tip or not? I dont want to be rude or like something like that "Hard to explain" I'm just wanting to know how it works.

Depends what food you like but i can recomend Las Iguanas (near vodka rev) or La Mancha on West street. Both really good and great service. There is a restaurant guide online called Out to Lunch Club thats really good.

With tipping....i never tip if i have had bad service. I used to work in restaurants and know that it is no effort to be nice to customers and for things to be brought out accordingly and to check if a table needs anything so if they cant manage that then no tip for them. The rule is if you have had good service then 10% of the bill is ok to leave but you can leave more if you are impressed with the service.

Hope you and your gf have a good night. :)

If you're happy with the sevice, ie the waiter/ waitress was helpful and polite and the food was good, tip around ten percent. I usually just round the bill up or chuck in a few quid.

As far as reccomendations, you'll have to give us a clue, where, what kind of food, how much you want to spend? There's a lot of places to eat.

its friday night, you better make up your mind which restaurant you are going and book a table, Last thing you want is being turn away as they are full

Well she loves spicey food, but I don't want to goto like an indian resturant, want to try something new like.. mexican or something but cant seem to find anything, apart from that little waggon near orchard sqaure.

And Graf, clicked your link, cheers

el Paso. 8 Cumberland Street, S1 4PT (0114) 273 9523 Map Mexican/Italian

Is that place any good?

Never saw Thai as being spicey, more... stirfried noodle food :S

I would try somewhere in leopold square, nice food and you can have a drink afterwards, but make sure you book in advance!!!

Tip 10% +.Try to pay for the meal by card but leave the tip as cash on the little plate that the bill usually comes on.

Try Pizza Express, its pleasant, easy going but smart enough to impress. The food won't be messy and you can order pizzas with Jalopenos if you want some spice. Good place to start for going out for a meal.

Enjoy it and don't be too nervous, - Good Luck.

Cubana on Trippet Lane used to be nice. I havent been for a while so things could have changed, but if you like Tapas and a relaxed atmosphere then it's worth a try.

Re tipping; 10% of the bill if service is reasonable and prompt.