Stupidly High pc temp shutting off

nice, lets see how we get on tomorrow.

the board and cpu are something i cant test by replacing, as there not available to me right now. :thumbsup:

Edited by DR_PC

they didn't turn up at my house. who knows?

you have most likely already done this but you sound like you know alot about PCs more than me for that matter

but I used to play crysis alot and my CPU was always around 70c and when its idle its around 55-60c so I took the CPU out, cleared a tiny amount of dust from the heatsink, waited for it to completly cool down, when i restarted PC temp was 24-26c and when i was playing crysis (maxed out) it wouldnt ever even hit 50c

Thanx for all your help motherboard finally gave up its ghost and didnt have any money to replace it at the time so couldnt post a reply, got a new mb all working good now :D

now i can have media player playing, be playing wheelman, have some stuff downloading and be converting a video and still be running about 39 deg so all's good!

glad to hear you got sorted tommy, shame about you not turning up though, maybe i could have hooked you up with a nice replacement motherboard.

Make sure computer is not under your computer desk.Take side off and direct a domestic fan at it when you are using it.This will confirm whether it is your cooling system or not.

Make sure computer is not under your computer desk.Take side off and direct a domestic fan at it when you are using it.This will confirm whether it is your cooling system or not.

Yeah, cant remember the last time i kept the computer under a desk, always been in an open area, always have the side off, and using a fan to blow in never made any difference. Turned out it was a dodgy temp sensor on the mb