So how do people think the Championship will finish?

I've seen the blades in the following BIG matches and been let down time and time again;

Man U ('90) - FA Cup quarter final

Wednesday ('93) - FA Cup Semi

Palace ('97) - Play Off Final

Newcastle ('98) - FA Cup Semi

Sunderland ('98) - Play off first leg

Arsenal ('03) - FA Cup Semi

Livepool ('03) - League Cup Semi

Wolves ('03) - Play Off Final

Chuck into that Chelsea away (relegation in the last minute '95) and Wigan at home 2006 (relegated at home on the last day of the season) and you've got plenty of depressing times supporting the Blades.

Don't get me wrong getting to all of the above Semi Finals, P/O finals etc has been a great experience as have 2 promotions to the top flight but i would like to see us win on the big occasion just once :hihi:

think yer self lucky you was'nt about in 81 and relegation to division 4.

being a blade is character building mate. and london road pubs on a saturday home game are full of great characters. :thumbsup: chin up.

True - it's not very often that the team finishing in third actually win the playoffs. Look at Wednesday in 2005, only won 1 of the last 9 league games finishing 5th, and then won all three play-off games.

your right there ,finishing 3rd is usually a bad thing .

there is always a team comes on a late run, sneaks into the playoffs and are bang in form and carry that through into the play offs

think yer self lucky you was'nt about in 81 and relegation to division 4.

being a blade is character building mate. and london road pubs on a saturday home game are full of great characters. :thumbsup: chin up.

Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't trade any of it in to be a plastic Man U or Arsenal supporter, i would like to see us win something.

You do indeed meet plenty of friendly and interesting characters supporting the Blades, as you said you can't beat London Rd after a Blades win on a Saturday night.

The Blades are a unique bunch, beats been a boring Pig fan hands down!!!

I agree with robbies predictions.

although im now worried that we have hit a good patch of form too early!!!

I've seen the blades in the following BIG matches and been let down time and time again;

Man U ('90) - FA Cup quarter final

Wednesday ('93) - FA Cup Semi

Palace ('97) - Play Off Final

Newcastle ('98) - FA Cup Semi

Sunderland ('98) - Play off first leg

Arsenal ('03) - FA Cup Semi

Livepool ('03) - League Cup Semi

Wolves ('03) - Play Off Final

Chuck into that Chelsea away (relegation in the last minute '95) and Wigan at home 2006 (relegated at home on the last day of the season) and you've got plenty of depressing times supporting the Blades.

Don't get me wrong getting to all of the above Semi Finals, P/O finals etc has been a great experience as have 2 promotions to the top flight but i would like to see us win on the big occasion just once :hihi:

It must be a Sheffield football thing.

Wednesday are quite capable of blowing it on the big occasions and letting the fans down as well. OK we won the League Cup and won 3 semi-finals in the early 90s, but we've had our fair share of cockups over the years. I saw us lose 2 cup finals in 93, 2 FA Cup semis in the 80s, 2 league cup semis, and then there were the occasions where we somehow conspired to blow it from impossible positions - relegation in 1990, 3-0 up against Chelsea in a quarter final and not winning, 3-0 up in a penalty shootout and somehow losing. Plus blowing a 2 goal lead in the 66 cup final as well.

We're all Sheffield aren't we

Wolves 87

blades 83

reading 81

brum 81

cardiff 75

burnley 75

charlton 36

saints 44

forest 46

owls 14th 58

your right there ,finishing 3rd is usually a bad thing .

there is always a team comes on a late run, sneaks into the playoffs and are bang in form and carry that through into the play offs

3rd is better than 7th.;).

Wolves 87

blades 83

reading 81

brum 81

cardiff 75

burnley 75

charlton 36

saints 44

forest 46

owls 14th 58

IF this happens I will take you out for a full nights of drinks :D

I will save my prediction until saturday night. I think this weekends results will give us a far more clear view. IF the blades beat ipswich I think they will go up in second place.

Posted this on an earlier thread by BladeSteve or somebody.

It's a bit similar to Robbie's predictor post (but was posted a week or so ago)

First with the news, first with the views ---- If you want the facts

...... Don't ask me!

Wolves 91 points :(

United 83 points ...... CARVED IN STONE !! ;)

----------------------

Reading 81 points

Birmingham 81 points

Cardiff 79 points

Burnley 74 points

Wednesday 57 points .... Don't know where this will leave us.

I did predict 9th for our boys this season, but with the weak pound, the G20 summit, the poor state of the Wednesday pitch, and seasonally adjusted, ..

I don't know where we'll finish! .... probably 15th :hihi:

Edited by Earwiggo

Relegated

Charlton, Southampton and Barnsley. Sorry Dingles! :(

Wednesday mid table, United will get into the play off's and fall at the final hurdle. Not particularly bothered about anyone else. Would like to see the Dingles and Donny stay up but with the football I've seen this season I must say the passion is dwindling somewhat.