2009 Summer Blockbusters

nice line up of blockbuster films this year.

we've already had watchmen, but it's not over yet...

wolverine

transformers 2

terminator salvation

star trek

any more for any more?

smiles if you're excited :hihi:

I'm never that excited by 'BIG' summer films! I much prefer smaller more interesting type films.

A BIG film I'd add to that list is the new long awaited Harry Potter!

Can't wait for Wolverine:love: and Transformers!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :hihi:

Looking forward to Wolverine - a good director, and the backstory looks pretty close to the Origin comic (not forgetting Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool.....my perfect combination)

Star Trek - I so want this to be good. Trek needs the facelift and jumpstart, and the new trailer certainly made me giddy with excitement. However, the writing team on it are pretty terrible (Orci and Kurtzman), and JJ Abrams is a great ideas man, but film direction wise has only really delivered MI3...which was average.

Transformers - I'll give this pile of CGI turd a miss. The first one was terrible - a generic Michael Bay CGI-by-numbers action film in which the chunks of metal all looked the same and were pretty impossible to distinguish in the action scenes. Less Transformers and more Gobots.

Harry Potter - I've read the books, and seen the rest, so will go see this. However, I'm not overly enthusiastic about it all any more.

UP - Pixar's latest entry is always worth seeing in my book (and let's not forget we also have Toy Story 1 and 2 in 3D to come too)

Bruno - If this can be as cringeworthy and hilarious as Borat was then I'll be happy. All the signs so far (from the trailer) look good.

Terminator: Salvation - I'm expecting a disaster on this one. Yes, the trailers (apparantly to some) look good...but so did the trailers for Alien V Predator Requiem and we all know how that mess turned out. McG is a lousy director, and the lack of control he has on set became apparant thanks to the Bale outburst recording.

Inglorious Basterds - Tarantino's long-mooted war flick looks totally off it's crust. Fingers crossed it will make up for the torture of Death Proof.

That pretty much sums up the summer. Most anticipated film for the back end of the year is Avatar, which is due in time for Christmas.

Forgot to say Monsters vs Aliens in 3D too!

I saw that this morning, 6/10 IMO.

Too kiddy, and the plot is ripped straight out of a 1950s Japanese B movie.

As for my picks...

Transformers 2 - First one was decent

Harry Potter 6 - All the movies have been decent so far, except Prisoner of Azkaban

Star Trek - I want this to be good, I'm just concerned it'll end up sucking, badly

Terminator Salvation - Meh, it's not Terminator without Arnie

I would like to see a UK release of the new Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li movie as well, if not I'll just buy it on import from Playusa.com

Edited by Rich

Wolverine definitely!

Star Trek looks promising, considering it's the creator of Lost.

Decent trailer and we can sure expect a lot of psychological depth in those old/new characters.

I'm a bit disappointed with my film excitement at the moment.

There was really only Benjamin Button I was really looking forward to seeing and that's it. Nothing else has really blown me away so far apart from Slumdog.

I think it's a pretty poor year for future classic films this year.

I think it's a pretty poor year for future classic films this year.

Most of this years main releases are either sequels or remakes. This is the year which was affected by the wirters strike (films that would have been scribed back then would have been due for release this year). Hence the reason why Harry Potter and Star Trek moved to the summer this year (they were both due last Christmas) - the studios needed films to pad out the summertime profits.