Which games console should I get?

Thats because Wii isn't HD, it's a family machine and the games revolved around the Fun Factore then the hella nice graphics.

And the PS3 is still fairly young and it does have a more enhanced system capable of better graphics, kill zone 2 for instance, when people first saw the game they thought it was a CGI movie player but it was actually the game, cant really say that about any Xbox game currently.

Always an easy answer this one.

What have your mates got?

Get that one.

Thats because Wii isn't HD, it's a family machine and the games revolved around the Fun Factore then the hella nice graphics.

And the PS3 is still fairly young and it does have a more enhanced system capable of better graphics, kill zone 2 for instance, when people first saw the game they thought it was a CGI movie player but it was actually the game, cant really say that about any Xbox game currently.

The Wii has been a success for Nintedno because of the novelty value, and also the way they marketed it was genius. The console itself, along with the games for it, is very mediocre. There's around 5 games that I'd say are pretty good on it, the rest are basic that hold your attention for around 4 hours before getting traded in.

The PS3 came out around 12 months after the 360 only because they were holding back until the price of the BR drive could be marketed without them losing too much money. The console was dated when it was released due to the fact that people had been exposed to the HD graphics and speed of the 360 for a year.

There's very little the PS3 can do that the 360 can't except play BR films (but then again, you can download all the high definition films for around 2 or 3 quid from Xbox Live Marketplace anyway).

For me, the 360 wins this current gen of consoles, then the PS3, then the Wii.

Of course some people have a distinct hatred for anything Microsoft...

The Wii can potentially output at 720p. Well, on paper at least. Therefore it is 'HD'. However, there's still no game pushing out at that res yet, they missed that boat big-time with Geometry Wars. Regardless, graphics are not the strong suit of the Wii, I can't readily see any benefit in playing WiiSports at 720p instead of 'standard' 480p. Edited by L00b

Wii is for family.

Xbox 360 is for gamers who just dont like PS3.

Playstation 3 is for gamers who hate microsoft.

I got a Xbox 360 but its a pain having to pay to play online, unlike PS3.

Now then, which one are you?

BTW. I bet all the PS3 fanboys didnt know that MSN Messenger and Hotmail they all know and love etc was made by Microsoft.

Xbox 360 is for gamers who just dont like PS3.

Playstation 3 is for gamers who hate microsoft.

Explain those who have both then?

What a daft opinion to state. I know of many 360 owners who also have PS3, or intend to get one. just as I know PS3 owners who also want a 360 (for the Arcade). I have a PS3, but don't hate Microsoft. I just don't have a 360 because I don't really see the need for one (got the PS3 as I wanted a games system and bluray player).

BTW. I bet all the PS3 fanboys didnt know that MSN Messenger and Hotmail they all know and love etc was made by Microsoft.

Really? MicroSoft Networks Messenger and Hotmail are by Microsoft? You'll be telling us that Windows is by Microsoft next :)

With regards to the rest of the thread so far....

What is it with all the fanboy snobbery that goes on, and the 'who won the war' statements every time this oft repeated thread begins again? I'll tell you who won...the gaming public as the diversity of consoles led to many exclusives becoming multi-platform so we can ALL enjoy them. All 3 of the current crop of consoles have sold well enough to claim they are a success, no-one has dropped out of the market, and great games (both online and offline) are available for each of them.

Also, with regards to the snobbery, why is it that so many aloof gamers say the Wii is "not for serious gamers?" What the heck is a 'serious gamer'? I anticipate that those who use this term mean those who play first person shooters whilst spouting obscenities down a headset. To me a gamer (serious or otherwise) is simply someone who enjoys playing games, regardless of type or console. If someone spends a lot of time playing Wii Sports each day, then they are a serious Wii Sports gamer. Stop trying to make out that you are a more dedicated games player just because you are on Killzone every night!

Edited by Beakerzoid

Also, with regards to the snobbery, why is it that so many aloof gamers say the Wii is "not for serious gamers?" What the heck is a 'serious gamer'?

'Serious gamers' are snobby about games because it's the only thing they can be snobby about, being inept in every other aspect of life.

What a daft opinion to state. I know of many 360 owners who also have PS3, or intend to get one. just as I know PS3 owners who also want a 360 (for the Arcade). I have a PS3, but don't hate Microsoft. I just don't have a 360 because I don't really see the need for one (got the PS3 as I wanted a games system and bluray player).

Really? MicroSoft Networks Messenger and Hotmail are by Microsoft? You'll be telling us that Windows is by Microsoft next :)

With regards to the rest of the thread so far....

What is it with all the fanboy snobbery that goes on, and the 'who won the war' statements every time this oft repeated thread begins again? I'll tell you who won...the gaming public as the diversity of consoles led to many exclusives becoming multi-platform so we can ALL enjoy them. All 3 of the current crop of consoles have sold well enough to claim they are a success, no-one has dropped out of the market, and great games (both online and offline) are available for each of them.

Also, with regards to the snobbery, why is it that so many aloof gamers say the Wii is "not for serious gamers?" What the heck is a 'serious gamer'? I anticipate that those who use this term mean those who play first person shooters whilst spouting obscenities down a headset. To me a gamer (serious or otherwise) is simply someone who enjoys playing games, regardless of type or console. If someone spends a lot of time playing Wii Sports each day, then they are a serious Wii Sports gamer. Stop trying to make out that you are a more dedicated games player just because you are on Killzone every night!

FINALLY SOME SENSE!!! i am fed up with all the little kids who go clearly 360 is better!

I know your not talking about me because I like the PS3 just as much as my 360, if it were a straight swap of my xbox and all my games etc to ps3 platform then I would do that simply because they offer pretty much the same thing but ps3 has free internet.

and the reason why i said that about msn etc is becuase most people just have a ps3 and says, xbox is ****, jsut because they decided to get a ps3, there for hating microsoft, not knowing what they even own.

my statement is a GENERAL summary of what i get regarding people who only have a xbox 360 or only have a ps3.

i was just randomly looking at a trailer for killzone 2 on ps3 and someone commented, "I laugh at all those fags who have a xbox 360 who wont ever play this game".

he had like 50 thumbs up...so im pretty sure u get my point...

I've got both. I sit between them and argue with myself.

got 360,ps3,psp and mrs has ds,we did have a wii but sold it as i hated it and the mrs didn't have much intrest,if it's for family and kiddies get a wii if you want a proper console get the either 360 or ps3,if you want blu-ray aswell get the ps3 it's that simple.

IF I could find a cheap Ps3 I probably would buy one to test out the free multiplayer as well as Home... and some of the exclusive titles other then that my 360 makes me happy right now.