Colley School/Parson Cross College

I left Colley School at Easter 1961 and went to work as an apprentice at Sanderson Bros & Newbould in Attercliffe. I lived in Holgate Road from 1948 until 1968, first at No. 102 then at No. 84. I and my family have lived in South Africa since April 1975, with brief visits back to England to see family. If anyone remembers me or my Sister Barbara please post a reply.

i was at Colley between 70 and 75 glad to get outta the place but wanted back less than 6 months later..... the word TAX on my payslip made me wanna go back to school :)

anyone remember me? Paul Timmins, knocked around with the Bellamys, Gaz Gawes, Phil Baker, Alan Burley etc...... although i was the quiet guy amongst them! Loved my cold toast in the breaks with Graham Taylor and head tennis using the crossbars to score, happy dayz... definately! Hi to all who knew me..... sadly some will have passed on i would have thought by now!?

i was at Colley between 70 and 75 glad to get outta the place but wanted back less than 6 months later..... the word TAX on my payslip made me wanna go back to school :)

anyone remember me? Paul Timmins, knocked around with the Bellamys, Gaz Gawes, Phil Baker, Alan Burley etc...... although i was the quiet guy amongst them! Loved my cold toast in the breaks with Graham Taylor and head tennis using the crossbars to score, happy dayz... definately! Hi to all who knew me..... sadly some will have passed on i would have thought by now!?

Have you got a sister called Andrea - went to Monteney and then Ecclesfield?

No my sister was Julie Timmins, we both went to Monteney infants and juniors then Colley!

Re: ...what became of the staff?

Mr. Wright, who was at Colley for many years (PE, history, library, careers advice), is going strong at 86 and regularly drives up from Norfolk to see family and friends. He's still in touch with some of the kids from the 50's!

Re: ...what became of the staff?

Mr. Wright, who was at Colley for many years (PE, history, library, careers advice), is going strong at 86 and regularly drives up from Norfolk to see family and friends. He's still in touch with some of the kids from the 50's!

My God - I remember Mr Wright, he used teach me history, which we had in the library! 40 + years ago!! Glad to hear he is still around.

i went to colley left in 1971 , remember mr wright , the 2 olles , one taught sience the other re, was in mr burgins class 4tc , miss salvete she taught english ,and remember tim who used to help in the sience room

i went to colley left in 1971 , remember mr wright , the 2 olles , one taught sience the other re, was in mr burgins class 4tc , miss salvete she taught english ,and remember tim who used to help in the sience room

I remember Tim - Timothy Street I think his name was. I think he was an ex pupil.

yes.. he was he also lived near us wonder what happened to him

yes.. he was he also lived near us wonder what happened to him

Would like to know...along with a lot of others. I'm not even sure when he left Colley.

I wish there would be a reunion for ex students whom left 1980 as I moved to the other side of town and never see anyone now.

I wish there would be a reunion for ex students whom left 1980 as I moved to the other side of town and never see anyone now.
there was a small reunion in june attended by some who left in 80, the majority who attended left between 81-85