Colley School/Parson Cross College

Thañks look forward to hearing from you have a good Easter regards Dennis

I went to Colley School in 1966 and left in 1971. I thought that Colley was a Comprehensive school went I went there in '66 but someone told me last night that it was a Secondary Modern until later in the 60's. I have a very strong memory of being told that it had just become a comp when I started. Does anyone have any info?

BartonK - when were you there?

It was a secondary modern in 1966 but not sure when it changed but would think it was same as Ecclesfield about 68 or 69

Welcome to the forum Bill, I too grew up on Milnrow Rd No 25, I think my eldest sister was a friend of your sister's. Was her name Gloria? I'm one of the Theaker's, the corner house with the Garage. :)

Would that be the top of Milnrow on the corner with Wordsworth?

We're the Atkin sisters twins?

---------- Post added 13-07-2014 at 18:40 ----------

Can't think of anyone else Pete!

are you thinking of Karen and Marie Atkin ? they were twins in my year at Colley.

---------- Post added 18-03-2016 at 15:44 ----------

The Atkin sisters that I knew were Julie the eldest and Marie the youngest with one in the middle Vivian I think, Eddie rode a motorcycle and nearly always had a dark blue motorcycle leather on

Vivian is married to Chris Biggin who both met at school in the late 70s and are still together now. Eddie had a Suzuki GS 750 Waterbucket .

Thanks Denlin. I guess I had been there a couple of years or so then before it became a comprehensive. Ta!

I went to Colley School in 1966 and left in 1971. I thought that Colley was a Comprehensive school went I went there in '66 but someone told me last night that it was a Secondary Modern until later in the 60's. I have a very strong memory of being told that it had just become a comp when I started. Does anyone have any info?

BartonK - when were you there?

I was there from 64 to 69. I always thought it was a comprehensive too...

i`m ian hodgson and was at colley comprehensive school from 1981-85

Would that be the top of Milnrow on the corner with Wordsworth?

Hi sweetdexter, We've chatted before on here, you're lucky I rarely come on here these days. Our house was in the middle, we were in a semi and our adjoining neighbour was called Atkin and they actually lived on Milnrow Drive, I told you we were on a corner, right? :D

Hi sweetdexter, We've chatted before on here, you're lucky I rarely come on here these days. Our house was in the middle, we were in a semi and our adjoining neighbour was called Atkin and they actually lived on Milnrow Drive, I told you we were on a corner, right? :D

Now I know whereof you speak.

I went to google earth

i was at colley until 1969 we had battles with st peters my name is mick hague

---------- Post added 28-03-2016 at 20:13 ----------

i was at colley left in 69 my name is mick hague