Colley School/Parson Cross College

I went to Colley School, left 1964, good times.

Have you got a sister called Andrea - went to Monteney and then Ecclesfield?

Hi Kate T, you might be thinking of me Andrea Unwin,went to Colley and left in 1980. Lived on Monteney Road, but went to Ecclesfield Primary

Hi Kate T, you might be thinking of me Andrea Unwin,went to Colley and left in 1980. Lived on Monteney Road, but went to Ecclesfield Primary

Do you have a brother Andrea?

I was often slagged off for being a 'Grammar Grub' by the good pupils of Colley School. lol

I was often slagged off for being a 'Grammar Grub' by the good pupils of Colley School. lol

We wouldn't do that!!! Were you at Ecclesfield?

Do you have a brother Andrea?

Hi Kate, yes I do, Martin. He was a couple of years below me at school, so he probably left 1982

Hi I used to live opposite colley school gates.but I went to yew lane.don't know why. Anybody know david and jean whittam.also lived opposite and went to colley. I,d love to get in touch with them

I was at Colley School between 83 and 87. Anyone remember Mark Kelly, Shaun Higgins, John Faben, Kevin Creasey? I wonder what happened to them. Does anyone remember the teachers? Mr Jagger (Head), Miss Bennet (Deputy Head), Mrs Sturgeon (Maths), Miss Lewis (Maths), Mrs Beech (Home Economics and also my form teacher - 2S - 5S), Mr and Mrs Lynn (English - she did appear to be constantly pregnant), Mrs Upton (Home Economics - every lad fancied her if I remember correctly), Mr Dolby (PE), Mr Reid (Art), Mr Gregory (Science), Mr Evans (French), Mr Doron (History - he had a dodgy shoulder blade), Mrs Thackery (Maths). There were a few more but I forget.

I was at Colley School between 83 and 87. Anyone remember Mark Kelly, Shaun Higgins, John Faben, Kevin Creasey? I wonder what happened to them. Does anyone remember the teachers? Mr Jagger (Head), Miss Bennet (Deputy Head), Mrs Sturgeon (Maths), Miss Lewis (Maths), Mrs Beech (Home Economics and also my form teacher - 2S - 5S), Mr and Mrs Lynn (English - she did appear to be constantly pregnant), Mrs Upton (Home Economics - every lad fancied her if I remember correctly), Mr Dolby (PE), Mr Reid (Art), Mr Gregory (Science), Mr Evans (French), Mr Doron (History - he had a dodgy shoulder blade), Mrs Thackery (Maths). There were a few more but I forget.

I remember these guys. John faben often posts things on a Facebook group for ex-colley school students

On 07/02/2011 at 12:35, AnnetteUK1 said:

Hi there I was there in the 60's My name is Annette, I have 2 brothers one called Paul and the other Roy our last name was Morton, Please get in touch Bartonk and let me know if we know each other. Thanks

Hi, i knew Roy Morton, in my class at Monteney Infant and junior. 

On 15/09/2003 at 00:58, Bartonk said:

I hear that Colley School is about to be demolished and I was wondering if anyone knew when Colley ceased to be a comprehensive school? What happened to all the kids there? What became of all the teachers when it changed to a college?

I was there in the 60's and have fond memories.

Hi I went to colley school when it got closed down the kids went to yewlands or  Ecclesfield  school I was just starting my exams so it was about 88 89 god I feel old 🤣🤣

On 18/03/2016 at 15:42, Mr Pops said:

are you thinking of Karen and Marie Atkin ? they were twins in my year at Colley.

---------- Post added 18-03-2016 at 15:44 ----------

Vivian is married to Chris Biggin who both met at school in the late 70s and are still together now. Eddie had a Suzuki GS 750 Waterbucket .

that’s correct.. Viv and Chris are my parents… Eddie is an Ex boyfriend of my Auntie Julie… only have vague memories of him from me being 3 or 4 yrs old 

On 13/07/2014 at 18:47, WallBuilder said:

The Atkin sisters that I knew were Julie the eldest and Marie the youngest with one in the middle Vivian I think, Eddie rode a motorcycle and nearly always had a dark blue motorcycle leather on

Correct pal.. Vivian is my mam, Eddie is an ex of my auntie Julie (Atkin)