Colley School/Parson Cross College

When I was at Colley, I left in '55, I think is was a Mr. Brightmore, I could be wrong.

Thanks for your reply's, Tony thinks it was Mr Burgin, and he said are you sure he wasn't a interrogator during the war? :hihi:

Frank Brightmore Was a navigator in a DH Mosquito During the war. Does anyone remember his contemporaries, Miss Hudson (English), Mr Thompson (English) ,Mr Weatherall (French)and Mr Wilton (Lord Knows What).

I was @ Colley until 55. Mr Birch ,the head. Ibbo.Mr. Wright. Mr Mellor Miss Hardy(?) So you are not on your own. Any body else out there from this era?

Hi - I left Colley School in 1955. I do remember Mr Ibbotson who also took the choir. A great way to get out of lessons! I lived on Holgate Crescent till I married in 1962. I do remember a few names from my class, Myra Luscombe, Kenneth Smith, Douglas Ball, Valerie Moorhouse.

Who did then? Will the real Tony please stand up!

Which form were you in?

4/4 like tony marshall who looked after the sheep.

I also remember Mr Wetherall (French), Mr Holding (English) Mr Shaw (Art), but also remember Mr Jackson, (Geography). I think Mr Jackson had been a POW of the Japanese, but could be wrong. He was very uptight and nervous, but the bullying he took from certain pupils didn't help him. I wish I had the bottle then to help him.

Hi just found this site. I left school in 1977. OMG yonks ago. Anyone else on here that left the get in touch. Tina foster, Jayne warburton, Karen price,Jasmine peacock, Irene slinn,Marcia white Julie smith. Thing is all the girls get married and iits hard to find them on facebook has their surname is different.

Thanks Beth

hi beth

jasmine peacock is my mother,whats your second name and i will pass it on for her to reply,strange as we was only talking about colley school and her old school friends last weekend!

My kids went to colley, the Longstones.

We came to live on Parson Cross in 1949 and I went to Monteney infants then to Monteney juniors then on to Colley 1957 leaving in 1961 and have many happy memories of those days, of course there have been many changes in Parson Cross and in Ecclesfield since then although I believe it's still a good place to live. It's always nice to meet old friends or just to discuss those happy days at the old schools when life moved at a much slower pace.

I was in colley from 81 to 86 i had great memories of the place although paul dolby the pe teacher was a git all the other teachers were great my fave being mrs baker

:)some of the teachers I remember are Head, Mr Birch, Mr Shaw, Miss Coulson,Mr Scowcroft,Mr Crowe,Miss Lester,Miss Crapper,Mrs Bradshaw,Miss Cooper,Mr Hudson,Mr Copley,both Ollerenshaws,Miss Salveta,Miss Piper,Mr Ibbotson,Mr Wright,Mr Brightmoor,Mr Burgin,Mr Mott,Mrs Moore,Miss Hudson,Miss Mellor,

Miss Lester became Mrs. Crowe; there was a Mr. Mellor don't know about Miss Mellor; Miss Innocent (girls PE) married about '65?; Mr. Copley followed by Mr. Neal followed by Mr. Seymour (boys PE); Mr. Jackson (geography) as said before was very highly stressed and left sometime around '63; Mr. Schofield (metalwork):

Pupils about this time - Roy & Glen Thomas; Chris Yellops; Keith Newton; Glen Parrot; John Foster; Colin Gregory; Tony Reith; Mick Naylor; Louis Thorpe; Stuart Barton; David Holroyd; Chris Holton; Susan Gilbertson; Jean Flint; Hazel Marsden and many more too numerous for these pages.