Colley School/Parson Cross College

Does anyone remember and know whereabouts of the follwing teachers ?

Bob Carmody

Geoff Evans

Jim Reid

John Seymour

Sandra Foster

Bob Bell

I attended Colley Comp from 71 to 78....genuinely happy days.

During my adult life I ended up living in Fulwood and my son went to Tapton school.

Imagine my surprise when I bumped into Mr Carmody at a parent's evening!

I believe he's still there....but on the more affluent westside of town he's known as Robert !:)

Hi everybody Monteney 56 to colley 67, I was known as hoppy and can reel loads of names off and remember the teachers good and not so good, but i can't remember what i just went upstairs for! but thats an age thing.

Regarding the sheep and goat (hawkins & pricilla) I saw the guy who was assigned to look after them last week his name was Tony. It is great to look back and remember what we had but didn't realise.:loopy::loopy:

Hi everybody Monteney 56 to colley 67, I was known as hoppy and can reel loads of names off and remember the teachers good and not so good, but i can't remember what i just went upstairs for! but thats an age thing.

Regarding the sheep and goat (hawkins & pricilla) I saw the guy who was assigned to look after them last week his name was Tony. It is great to look back and remember what we had but didn't realise.:loopy::loopy:

I was at Monteney and Colley same years - glad your memory's still in tact Pete!

Hi I left Colley Road school in 52 just after Yew Lane was built as an anex,

I lived in Dugdale Road not far to go to ether school loved the Friday lunchtime

dance club was in Mrs Buchanan`s class

I attended Colley Comp from 71 to 78....genuinely happy days.

During my adult life I ended up living in Fulwood and my son went to Tapton school.

Imagine my surprise when I bumped into Mr Carmody at a parent's evening!

I believe he's still there....but on the more affluent westside of town he's known as Robert !:)

I went to Colley Comp '69-74 I remember Mr Carmody tho' can't remember what subject he took us on.. I remember feeling sorry for him during lessons as he was given a hard time by some of the class epecially those sitting at the back, he was always red faced trying to control them and we never got round to learning anything as time ran out. I can even remember fights breaking out with him and some sent to Mr Birch but nothing was ever solved.

I was @ Colley until 55. Mr Birch ,the head. Ibbo.Mr. Wright. Mr Mellor Miss Hardy(?) So you are not on your own. Any body else out there from this era?

I was @ Colley until 55. Mr Birch ,the head. Ibbo.Mr. Wright. Mr Mellor Miss Hardy(?) So you are not on your own. Any body else out there from this era?
i was there and i remember all thode you have said and i was in the same class as the tony who looked after hawkins the sheep.

I am a Tony but I do not rember looking after a sheep called Hawkins.

I am a Tony but I do not rember looking after a sheep called Hawkins.
iam also a tony and i didnt look after the sheep.

Who did then? Will the real Tony please stand up!

Which form were you in?

Hubby left Colley school in '57 he wants to know who was the maths teacher then. I'll not tell you what he said he was but lets just say he didn't have a father. :hihi:

He's called Tony too, but he can't even remember a sheep.

I'm sure the sheep were introduced by Mr Mason in the early 60's, and didn't think they were there in '55. Mr Mason also started? a gardening class. I started at Colly in 1959, the 2 maths teachers at that time were Mr Burgin and Mr Frank Brightmore, Percy to his friends. I recollect that he had been in the RAF during the war, possibly as a navigator.