Colley School/Parson Cross College

you must have known my brother, Robert Theaker, and John Barraclough

Yes I did. John Barraclough was in my year at school. What are they up to these days. Didn't John marry someone connect to Alan Verneze?

Yes I did. John Barraclough was in my year at school. What are they up to these days. Didn't John marry someone connect to Alan Verneze?

PS I also new all the other people you mentioned - also in my year at school.

Hi Kate,

When i lived in Holgate Road our family caused a bit of a stir we was in the daily papers has we were neglected and the police were looking for my mother she walked out one Saturday morning in 1959 and left 6 children ages 1..2..3..4...6...9 took a couple of years to find her. I went to the pre school and took my younger brother who was only 3 can you imagine young children doing that now my mother should have took us but i gather she stayed in bed and we was fed at the pre school. My sister Helen still lives in Sheffield she was on the manor for about 34 years and Jimmy lives in Birmingham my younger brother Richard moved to my village my. I have a brother Paul in lives in Boston my brother Micheal moved to Peterborough after living on norfolk park but died at 36. We all was taken to the childrens homes at Scholes near Holmfirth in the west ridings lots of ups and downs and we never really speak to each other sad really but i do miss sheffield at times. Castle market was still there last time i was there so its a long time ago and i know there as been a lot of devolopement and we did years later live at Stepney Buildings Duke street in the late 60,s. Gas place was right in our front you could smell fumes and if i'm right Thursdays was the night you could smell the hops every where. Then there was cadburys at the dwaf pickled onions and the old rope factory but that got burned down one night burned so fast . Well there is a daul carriage way there now i believe and i never did like Hyde Park i was there when the queen mother opened it but i was always scared to walk along the passage ways when my father moved there later.

Edited by Jayjayjan2

Hi there my names Annette and I am looking for old friends who might have gone to Monteney Junior School in 1956-1960, or colley secondary school in 60-64. Plse PM me if so. Thanks.

I hear that Colley School is about to be demolished and I was wondering if anyone knew when Colley ceased to be a comprehensive school? What happened to all the kids there? What became of all the teachers when it changed to a college?

I was there in the 60's and have fond memories.

Hi there I was there in the 60's My name is Annette, I have 2 brothers one called Paul and the other Roy our last name was Morton, Please get in touch Bartonk and let me know if we know each other. Thanks

I hear that Colley School is about to be demolished and I was wondering if anyone knew when Colley ceased to be a comprehensive school? What happened to all the kids there? What became of all the teachers when it changed to a college?

Can't remember what year it was demolished but I do know that John Mellor, Geography teacher went on to Ecclesfield School

Hi there I was there in the 60's My name is Annette, I have 2 brothers one called Paul and the other Roy our last name was Morton, Please get in touch Bartonk and let me know if we know each other. Thanks

Hi Annette, I was Roys best friend for many years as I was born on Rokeby Dr (44)

I was in the same class as John Barraclough, he shot me in the back with an air rifle! gawd it hurt. I also knew Robert.

Can't remember what year it was demolished but I do know that John Mellor, Geography teacher went on to Ecclesfield School
john mellors been retired a while now, still goes in the greyhound regularly

John married Joyce Wells in about 1972, they're still together and have two sons and grandchildren. Not sure if Joyce is related to Alan Verneze. John and our Robert are still best mates as they were when they were children.

john mellors been retired a while now, still goes in the greyhound regularly

My brother Tony Camm goes in the Greyhound and see John Mellor regularly.

Hi just found this site. I left school in 1977. OMG yonks ago. Anyone else on here that left the get in touch. Tina foster, Jayne warburton, Karen price,Jasmine peacock, Irene slinn,Marcia white Julie smith. Thing is all the girls get married and iits hard to find them on facebook has their surname is different.

Thanks Beth

Edited by Justpassin