Home Psychic Parties!

Rather than the usual Virgin Vie and Anne Summers parties, why not host your very own psychic party?! Instead of buying a pair of knickers or a new lippie, your guests each buy their very own 15 minute palm and tarot card reading! You provide the guests (and the bottle of wine of course!), and let me provide the psychic readings!

Each guest pays a set fee (£10 each for Sheffield events) for their reading, and the host gets their reading free of charge! Plus at the beginning of the evening I do a short talk on the history and meaning of the tarot and will test your guests for psychic powers of their own with a fun experiment that will get everyone involved.

I am able to provide a minimum of eight readings in one night, up to a maximum of 12. Of course you can invite as many guests as you like to your party, but 12 readings is the most I can supply before I start to get a bit frazzled!!!

If you're interested drop me a PM or get in touch via my website.

Can you tell what I'm thinking right now?

Can you tell what I'm thinking right now?

:D

Edited by themagicwand

When did you first buy your copy of Ian Rowland's guide to Cold Reading, seeing as that's all "psychic powers" really are?

When did you first buy your copy of Ian Rowland's guide to Cold Reading, seeing as that's all "psychic powers" really are?

I've had "Full Facts Book of Cold Reading" for about five years now, along of course with other stuff by people like Richard Webster and Kenton Knepper. In fact I'm lecturing to the British Society of Mystery Entertainers in London in November alongside Ian Rowland.

I'm an entertainer. Entertaining readings (sold as such) are just one part of my business, alongside mind-reading and seance theatre. The psychic parties I'm advertising here are a fun, entertaining night out - nothing more, nothing less, nothing heavy. Everyone is told that the tarot cards are just pieces of cardboard, and that everyone is in control of their own lives etc. I do NOT talk to dead relatives, locate missing people, help the FBI, or rob widows of their life savings. I do however make a mean balloon doggie.

Hope that clears up any misunderstandings.

I've had "Full Facts Book of Cold Reading" for about five years now, along of course with other stuff by people like Richard Webster and Kenton Knepper. In fact I'm lecturing to the British Society of Mystery Entertainers in London in November alongside Ian Rowland.

I'm an entertainer. Entertaining readings (sold as such) are just one part of my business, alongside mind-reading and seance theatre. The psychic parties I'm advertising here are a fun, entertaining night out - nothing more, nothing less, nothing heavy. Everyone is told that the tarot cards are just pieces of cardboard, and that everyone is in control of their own lives etc. I do NOT talk to dead relatives, locate missing people, help the FBI, or rob widows of their life savings. I do however make a mean balloon doggie.

Hope that clears up any misunderstandings.

In which case, I whole heartedly apologise for lumping you with the charlatans, and praise your honesty. My sincere apologies.

In which case, I whole heartedly apologise for lumping you with the charlatans, and praise your honesty. My sincere apologies.

No worries. :)

Out of curiosity, how long has it taken you to learn? Did you practice on friends and family? I always imagine they'd be very difficult, seeing as they know what you're trying to achieve? Genuine interest here. I'm a big fan of Rowland, and very interested in this sort of thing from a psychological viewpoint, so your experiences learning the techniques would be interesting to hear.

Its very impressive when done well, and can be great entertainment. I'm really pleased you're doing it in the spirit (!!) it should be done in. Best. Pun. Ever. Do you do card forces and tricks like that as well? They're always entertaining because they're difficult to work out.

Out of curiosity, how long has it taken you to learn? Did you practice on friends and family? I always imagine they'd be very difficult, seeing as they know what you're trying to achieve? Genuine interest here. I'm a big fan of Rowland, and very interested in this sort of thing from a psychological viewpoint, so your experiences learning the techniques would be interesting to hear.

Its very impressive when done well, and can be great entertainment. I'm really pleased you're doing it in the spirit (!!) it should be done in. Best. Pun. Ever. Do you do card forces and tricks like that as well? They're always entertaining because they're difficult to work out.

I learned tarot and palm reading many years ago when I was still a "shut eye". Later I developed an interest in magic which lead on to what's known as "mentalism" (Derren Brown for example is a mentalist not a magician, but "mentalist" has other meanings in the English language :)). A lot of mentalism is to do with "readings" so this was the natural place for me to gravitate towards, and it was there that I discovered learned more about the subtleties of cold readings, hot readings, barnum statements, etc. etc.

I worked for a while as a "regular" magician (so yes, I can do a few card tricks! :D) but have always found that people would far rather have their palm or tarot cards read than see a "trick". I often combine the two, which is quite novel.

And all of this led me to a quiet corner of mentalism called "seance theatre" - http://www.seancenights.co.uk :o