Dr Feelgood at the Black Swan

I remember seeing the Feelgoods at the Swan in 1975 i think.

It was one of my favorite gigs of all time. They also played the City Hall around the same time.

Was anyone at the gig? and can anyone tell me the exact dates of the two gigs,as i'm writing a book about Sheffield in the 70s.

Cheers.

Went to the City Hall gig, where they were supported by Mink De'Ville, the Feelgood gig from the city hall appears on one side of a live album.

Edited by scargill

Went to the City Hall gig, where they were supported by Mink De'Ville, the Feelgood gig for one side of a live album.

I was at that gig too, it must've been after 1975 because I didn't move here until '76. My friend and I went for a curry after with Lee Brilleaux.

Went to the City Hall gig, where they were supported by Mink De'Ville, the Feelgood gig for one side of a live album.

Cheers mate, can't remember Mink De'Ville playing though, was it them who did Spanish Stroll? Are you sure it wern't Dux Delux(spelling?) who i also saw at The Swan around that time ?

Edited by Broncobribe

I remember seeing the Feelgoods at the Swan in 1975 i think.

It was one of my favorite gigs of all time. They also played the City Hall around the same time.

Was anyone at the gig? and can anyone tell me the exact dates of the two gigs,as i'm writing a book about Sheffield in the 70s.

Cheers.

just done a search "doctor feelgood sheffield " loads of info and dvd's .

to much to put on here mi donny , try it for yourself mate.

Cheers mate, can't remember Mink De'Ville playing though, was it them who did Spanish Stroll? Are you sure it wern't Dux Delux (spelling?) ?

It was definitely Mink DeVille supporting when I saw them, maybe they played City Hall twice?

just done a search "doctor feelgood sheffield " loads of info and dvd's .

to much to put on here mi donny , try it for yourself mate.

Cheers Mi-dalex.

I was at that gig too, it must've been after 1975 because I didn't move here until '76. My friend and I went for a curry after with Lee Brilleaux.

Yeah your right lectro, sept 76 and oct 77.

Yeh I was there,watching Wilco Johnson floating across the floor,with the deadpan face and knockin out the guitar sound with his own unique style

The live album of a city hall gig is Stupidity.

One of the great live albums from anyone. Actually the only album of theirs that I now own.

It's sad to see a pub band of the same name still knocking about, with not a single member of the original line up involved. Can't be helping the legacy of one of the great British RnB acts.

One of the great live albums from anyone. Actually the only album of theirs that I now own.

It's sad to see a pub band of the same name still knocking about, with not a single member of the original line up involved. Can't be helping the legacy of one of the great British RnB acts.

Never mind still in the band-there's only Wilco still alive!Down By The Jetty is still one of my most played albums.Still sounds as good now as it did then.