Three Simple Questions

was really referring to our generation.....i was a football supporter who enjoyed the hooligan scene 70s to early 80s.....now i'm back to being a football supporter who has watched the owls from 63.....does this label me a moronic hooligan...........as some people put it....

erm I'm afraid it does. How could anyone enjoy Hooliganism?

was really referring to our generation.....i was a football supporter who enjoyed the hooligan scene 70s to early 80s.....now i'm back to being a football supporter who has watched the owls from 63.....does this label me a moronic hooligan...........as some people put it....

No, absolutely not, we all do stupid things as teenagers.

I'm a firm believer that if people move on and acknowledge that what they might have done was wrong and stupid; especially teenagers who don't fully understand the consequences and implications of their actions then you have reached a point where you can look back and say: That was wrong don't make the same mistake I made.

What I can't understand are those who seem to live in a time warp, those who have reached 30+ they think they've got some sort of status/reputation to maintain within their little groups. Therefore when they are with these groups there behavior becomes habitual they behave as the group does. Blokes in their 40s and 30s behaving like morons. There is no place for any of these people in the modern game.

Unfortunately due to the historic nature and passion associated with whatever club you support there will always be those who have to take it one step further.

I think a good question would be that: One day, will the hooliganism associated with football be eventually eradicated?

Because there is no reason or justification for it; and its this point, what I think everyone is trying to agree on.

Early sixties.

Went to few home games and saw nowt, other than the backside of the bloke in front for a few games. First away game that I saw anything was at Villa, lost 4-1; but I remember going on the train to Fulham before that, but seeing nothing!

No, but severe reprimands from the law on two occasions :-First for using words that fifteen year olds shouldn't have used, and second when I was quoted psalm 23 at The Dell , to the effect the photograph I had taken of a fan in fancy dress, contravened ground regulations. I think it would have exposed how bad the view was.

Yes.

In reply to Pegasus.

There seems to be a new generation of hooligans now. I.e The sons of ones from the seventies, who having heard their father's tales, are trying to now replicate what they got up to then.

Edited by geocol

no it does'nt pal. most fans that went away in those days got involved. we were young and stupid and did stupid things. i got myself involved in plenty back then and had a few court appearances and hefty fines. too old and clever for it now. a ban from the lane would hurt me more than any fine did as i am a proper fan and always have been.

No, absolutely not, we all do stupid things as teenagers.

I'm a firm believer that if people move on and acknowledge that what they might have done was wrong and stupid; especially teenagers who don't fully understand the consequences and implications of their actions then you have reached a point where you can look back and say: That was wrong don't make the same mistake I made.

What I can't understand are those who seem to live in a time warp, those who have reached 30+ they think they've got some sort of status/reputation to maintain within their little groups. Therefore when they are with these groups there behavior becomes habitual they behave as the group does. Blokes in their 40s and 30s behaving like morons. There is no place for any of these people in the modern game.

Unfortunately due to the historic nature and passion associated with whatever club you support there will always be those who have to take it one step further.

I think a good question would be that: One day, will the hooliganism associated with football be eventually eradicated?

Because there is no reason or justification for it; and its this point, what I think everyone is trying to agree on.

couldnt agree more. still dont think you can class tango as a hooligan though, by sounds of it he does what alot of fans do in a game, i'm sure there was plenty of blades doing the exact same thing, if he was throwing things etc then yea fair enough

couldnt agree more. still dont think you can class tango as a hooligan though, by sounds of it he does what alot of fans do in a game, i'm sure there was plenty of blades doing the exact same thing, if he was throwing things etc then yea fair enough

Tango has never been a hooligan or a thug -he is just a vert pasionate suppoter who travels all over the country to every game to watch his team.

Tango has never been a hooligan or a thug -he is just a vert pasionate suppoter who travels all over the country to every game to watch his team.

Why didn't he watch them at the lane then, instead of the fans above him?

wednesdays number 1 fan... from wolverhampton :hihi::hihi:

erm I'm afraid it does. How could anyone enjoy Hooliganism?

it was just a period in our history,when lads would jump into a transit on a friday night and be off to enjoy three days on the lash...oh! and watch a game of football....probably did that four times a season when we played pompey,brighton,southend or palace.....can remember falling out of the crazy daisy jumping on a coach at 2.30am and head for portsmouth......why did we do it......just like the kids today take the drugs.....we loved it......happy days...

it was just a period in our history,when lads would jump into a transit on a friday night and be off to enjoy three days on the lash...oh! and watch a game of football....probably did that four times a season when we played pompey,brighton,southend or palace.....can remember falling out of the crazy daisy jumping on a coach at 2.30am and head for portsmouth......why did we do it......just like the kids today take the drugs.....we loved it......happy days...

dont think you have the right audience on here mate.

but agree with you. hundreds on either side having a good old fashioned knock up. better than the knife and gun culture we have today. but it was'nt all about having a scrap you jumped in the back of a van to the coast. sometimes not being able to close the back doors and it was a good old lads p*** up. if trouble came it came and so be it. but for every 1 scrape we got into we had 50 trouble free ones. happy days indeed.

the supporters clubs were for the pop and crisp brigade. as we called them.

dont think you have the right audience on here mate.

but agree with you. hundreds on either side having a good old fashioned knock up. better than the knife and gun culture we have today. but it was'nt all about having a scrap you jumped in the back of a van to the coast. sometimes not being able to close the back doors and it was a good old lads p*** up. if trouble came it came and so be it. but for every 1 scrape we got into we had 50 trouble free ones. happy days indeed.

the supporters clubs were for the pop and crisp brigade. as we called them.

like you say pal...it wasn't the aggro why we went...why spend half a weeks wages for a scrap...you could get that in town most fri/sat nights....it was the culture....beer..football..night out..good mates..dodgy transit..and yes sometimes bovver...........you aint lived til you've had that rusty transit parked in moss side for a night cup game at man city....i still look in the mirror and wonder how we were not scarred for life that night.....but did we go back for more.....too right....we loved our football...yes our football...happy bloody days

For instance against the Reading fans the other week the hooligan element in the North Stand where preoccupied with hailing abuse at the fat kid in the West Stand rather than just ignoring him.

Same against Swansea with the kid in the red shirt. "You're just a fat Welsh wotsit" and "Have you ever seen your feet"? (and another naughty body part).

If there'd been a goal, none of 'em woulda seen it.

Not bothered about the football at all, just the crack, and the chance of a battle.