Three Simple Questions

but you've got the band for that.

and thats a reason why Tango's an idiot?

and thats a reason why Tango's an idiot?

could go on all night Alty , I agree with the owls who think he is embarrassing.

you are entitled to your opinion of him .

could go on all night Alty , I agree with the owls who think he is embarrassing.

you are entitled to your opinion of him .

Don't know why you brought the band into it. He's just a bloke who tries to get behind his team, nowt to be embarrassed about. He travels all over the land backing the Owls and for that he deserves credit.

Don't know why you brought the band into it. He's just a bloke who tries to get behind his team, nowt to be embarrassed about. He travels all over the land backing the Owls and for that he deserves credit.

just said lets beg to differ :rolleyes:

My view on this thread, is that all the people that are condenming the people who have been arrested at football, are all the fans that started to watch their team in the mid

80s, when football hooliganism was on the wane.

MT had decided to sort out the football hoolies, it was the done thing in the 70s and all week was spent looking forward to the weekend, the feeling of joy and elation of getting back to Sheffield unscathed was as much as winning the game, but we all grew up and I think that you find that all these hooligans are now Grandads and Fathers who still follow their team and for the ones who say the new hooligans are not real football fans just don't know any, I know quite a few and they follow the Blades everywhere, home and away not looking for trouble but for the crack of a good day out, who will fight if provoked they are probably bigger fans than most of us if there is such a thing as a bigger fan than another

My view on this thread, is that all the people that are condenming the people who have been arrested at football, are all the fans that started to watch their team in the mid

MT had decided to sort out the football hoolies, it was the done thing in the 70s and all week was spent looking forward to the weekend, the feeling of joy and elation of getting back to Sheffield unscathed was as much as winning the game, but we all grew up and I think that you find that all these hooligans are now Grandads and Fathers who still follow their team and for the ones who say the new hooligans are not real football fans just don't know any, I know quite a few and they follow the Blades everywhere, home and away not looking for trouble but for the crack of a good day out, who will fight if provoked they are probably bigger fans than most of us if there is such a thing as a bigger fan than another

nothing finer than travelling back from some game mid-winter with all the coach windows put through,running the gauntlet from the ground to the bus or your trusty old transit....poor old tango would have been mullered if he'd stood out in those days....but we all got through it relatively unscathed apart from a few scars and cracks to the head....but week in week out we went back for more.....now its all plastic seats and players/managers who don't give a **** give me the good old days anytime.....happy days

Hooliganism is stupid whether provoked or not. It's not big or hard in anyway. It's rather sad.

First game attended,ever been nicked at the football and are you still attending on a regular basis.......if the answer is yes to the last two questions dispels the myth that hooligans are not proper football supporters...

first game 1963.....yes.....and not has much as i used because it now costs a fortune.....

Owls vs Aston Villa in the late sixties.

No

Yes

Your last point: If they didn't attend football matches then they wouldn't be football hooligans would they?

Hooligans tend to watch what the other supporters are doing rather than being occupied by the football itself. They have to attend games in order to carry out this activity.

For instance against the Reading fans the other week the hooligan element in the North Stand where preoccupied with hailing abuse at the fat kid in the West Stand rather than just ignoring him.

On your other point: It is possible to get arrested at football matches for other non football related activities but it doesn't make you a hooligan does it?

No

Yes

Your last point: If they didn't attend football matches then they wouldn't be football hooligans would they?

Hooligans tend to watch what the other supporters are doing rather than being occupied by the football itself. They have to attend games in order to carry out this activity.

For instance against the Reading fans the other week the hooligan element in the North Stand where preoccupied with hailing abuse at the fat kid in the West Stand rather than just ignoring him.

just like Tango at the lane.

No

Yes

On your other point: It is possible to get arrested at football matches for other non football related activities but it doesn't make you a hooligan does it?

was really referring to our generation.....i was a football supporter who enjoyed the hooligan scene 70s to early 80s.....now i'm back to being a football supporter who has watched the owls from 63.....does this label me a moronic hooligan...........as some people put it....

1966 ish

No, clipped by a copper after that Walsall game

Season ticket holder, as many away as possible, done over 80 grounds with Blades.

1962 blades beat bolton 4-1/first away game 1966 burnley

yes but didn´t get done in early 70´s/had a few batterings also on different kops.

only about 4 games a season for last 6 years due to livin in spain.b4 that that every game home and away including italy for anglo italian.