Sir Nigel Greasley TODAY

now in midland

PENTAX4398.jpg

looks a lot cleaner than the union!

Sorry but union was in proper condition and iam sorry I missed it , however , think the shade of blue on Sir Nigel is a very intresting choice is it garter blue or am I thinking of something else

Sorry but union was in proper condition and iam sorry I missed it , however , think the shade of blue on Sir Nigel is a very intresting choice is it garter blue or am I thinking of something else

You are indeed thinking of something else Busman, Garter blue was the shade used by the L.N.E.R., not sure what the name was for the shade used by B.R. in the trials but it darker than Garter Blue.

wouldnt it be great to designate sundays as days of history where trains & buses could replace the latest vehicles on several routes just for a few hours & show the kids of today just how great the old trains & buses were in there time

wouldnt it be great to designate sundays as days of history where trains & buses could replace the latest vehicles on several routes just for a few hours & show the kids of today just how great the old trains & buses were in there time

The bus rally at chatsworth house on Sunday 21st June is a good rally for having rides as there are several routes running out from the house to golden gates, bakewell via hassop and monsal head , plus bakewell direct

The bus rally at chatsworth house on Sunday 21st June is a good rally for having rides as there are several routes running out from the house to golden gates, bakewell via hassop and monsal head , plus bakewell direct
thanks for that bus man all i need now are the bus times to get there from sheffield:thumbsup:

thanks for that bus man all i need now are the bus times to get there from sheffield:thumbsup:

TM Travel Service 214 leaves Sheffield at 0950 and arrives at Chatsworth at 1034. Return at 1406 or 1711 - here's the timetable (but watch for any changes): http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/NR/rdonlyres/F0678BD6-7D61-4558-A8C3-8CF1B63E6C23/0/214SheffieldValidFrom8September2008.pdf

Oooooh bus fest, looking forward to that. Are there meant to be really old buses or will there be more recent, almost contemporary, Dominators and later Alexanders like at the transport museum in Rovvrum?

last year i was duty inspector at hassop on the servcies that went through there and I had fleetlines, PD2s - at one stage two in together, panthers, relainces, a PS1 etc etc etc modern in service buses arent allowed in service at this rally so the oldest you will get are fleetlines etc