Sir Nigel Greasley TODAY

Understand that Sir Nigel will now move under its own power on thursday at this stage dont have times

Sir Nigel Gresley

Thursday 2nd April 2009

Grosmont NYMR - Barrowhill

Grosmont 1108

York 1538 - 1600

Wincobank 1718

Sheffield Midland 1724 - 1812

Barrow Hill (Via Darnall) 1852

Full times

http://www.uksteam.info/tours/t09/t0402q.htm

Thanks for the photo's friend,isn't it great to see a machine the thick end of eighty years old still running and fit for purpose.You don't have to be a steam enthusiast to appreciate what British engineering used to be,sadly it's all but gone.Thanks again.:(

Great pics - wish I could have been there :thumbsup: Last time I saw 60009 was in Donny plant paintshop.... having to shin up a wall to see it... some time in the early Middle Ages, I believe...

Thanks for the photo's friend,isn't it great to see a machine the thick end of eighty years old still running and fit for purpose.You don't have to be a steam enthusiast to appreciate what British engineering used to be,sadly it's all but gone.Thanks again.:(

Ditto,marvelous

Glad you all like the photos. It's surprising how evocative the sight of a proud old steam loco is. While standing with all the other grey-haired enthusiasts on Platform 2, watching the A4 amid steam and smoke, in my mind's eye it was 1958 again - I was in short trousers at the end of Platform 4 at Doncaster station, with my spotting book, duffel bag, flask of tea and Lyons fruit pie (8d. from the buffet).

Hillsboro

Iam getting a little bit worried about your obsession with Lyons fruit pies is there something you want to tell us.

I know - I'm hopelessly addicted. I even made an appointment with Fruit Pies Anonymous, in order to keep my waistline within manageable limits. I keep nostalgic photos of them on my hard drive - http://www.kzwp.com/lyons/BAKERY%20-%20Individual%20Fruit%20Pie%20(Blackcurrant)2.jpg ... http://www.kzwp.com/lyons/BAKERY%20-%20Individual%20Fruit%20Pie%20Box%201960s.jpg

The only comfort is that I'm not alone.... My first flash photo

now in midland

PENTAX4398.jpg

Edited by bus man
photo added