Sir Nigel Greasley TODAY

At least do the great man the honour of spelling his name right then !!!! Sir Nigel Gresley.... As in Gresley road up Lowedges named in his honour... Tisk Tisk.. trainspotters eh :hihi::thumbsup:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Sir+Nigel+Gresley&client=wyzo&rls=com.wyzo&channel=s&hl=en

Rich, seeing you've made a spelling error in your one-word comment in #2!

I for one am grateful for the O.P's post. If you are not interested just leave it alone and go and read your copy of the Sun, or at least look at the pictures.

What do they say about if you have nothing nice to say....? Thanks to the OP for sharing this information.
It wasn't anything nasty that i said !! Surely Trainspotters have a sense of humour ?? Or maybe not !! I know I would have to posses a sense of humour if i was stood on a railway platform all day taking pictures of trains that I could just as easilly download from the net ?? The main point that I was making is that to say you spotters are so clued up on your numbers its a shame that the op could not even get such a Prolific name right.. Now that is SHABBY.... :(

I for one am grateful for the O.P's post. If you are not interested just leave it alone and go and read your copy of the Sun, or at least look at the pictures.
Claws out then girls..... Who is resorting to insults here ?? Not me !! My spellin is not at question here... It is a trainspotter's that doesn't know how to spel GRESLEY.. :hihi: Ps.. I read the guardian like every good SF poster does... back to checking your tick list then dear chap...:thumbsup:

now reportd due midland 245 pm

ps nice 2 meet mr and mrs hilsboro

Damn. Just sneaked out of work and went down there. Nowt. Was just wondering if it was a Hornby OO gauge people were referring to! 2:45 eh? *starts hatching a plan to get out of work*

Damn. Just sneaked out of work and went down there. Nowt. Was just wondering if it was a Hornby OO gauge people were referring to! 2:45 eh? *starts hatching a plan to get out of work*
You'll have a headache around two and need to go to the chemists by half past.

Shame this train is passing on a week day anyroad, many more would have enjoyed seeing the second steam train of the week passing through Sheffield!

Assumed it must be running late cos I'm in an office near the station and at the very least should be able to see steam. Good job I couldn't go out for lunch early after all. Unfortunately it means I won't get to see them later either, but I'll look out for steam.

Now understand its due sheff 145 however bit worried as I havent seen any reports of it leaving york this doesnt mean it hasnt

Just a point this is a light engine movement * it is not intended for people to use or see its sole purpose is to get the loco where it needs to be for its next job ie the open day at barrow hill

* and before some one comments I know its got a support coach but its still a LE movement under rail track rules

Keep us posted as we are going to nip out on a work related mission :thumbsup:

Its listed on web as union of south africa

Just seen it chug past into the station. Choo choo!