Sign in to follow this  

Primeval

Now I do rather like PRIMEVAL, the ITV science fiction series which is a cross between Jurassic Park, Star Trek and Fame (the tv series). The whole thing is glossy,knee deep in CGI dinosaurs, has a very pretty cast and is , camp as Christmas! (well as camp as any dinosaur chasing caper can be).

Pimeval chronicles Strange window-like "anomalies" which keep popping up all over the UK. Through these portals keep leaping an unhealthy collection of dinosaurs, which cause a bit of havoc before being disposed of by the obligatory secret Government team headed by grumpy "daddy" Professor Nick Cutter (Douglas Henshall). Also in this maverick group is Busty home office clothes horse Claudia Brown(Lucy Brown), peroxide haired Zookeeper (?) Abby Maitland (Hannah Spearritt), cute student Connor Temple (Andrew-Lee Potts) who is a hat wearing genius and gorgeous soldier Captain Becker (Ben Mansfield). More eye candy is provided by a raven haired Egyptologist (huh????)Sarah Page (Laila Rouass)... Her job appears to be to investigate ancient myths and legends involving creatures to see whether any of them can be explained by anomalies......like you do.......

Yep the whole thing is a huge pile of tosh! but it is a rather entertaining one; apart from enjoying the schoolboy thrill of monsters that chase pretty people I absolutely love watching the baddie of the piece Helen Cutter (Juliet Aubrey pic) flashing her phenomenal cleavage (squeezed unbelievingly into a size 10 leather creation) to all that cares to take a peek . If Aubrey had a moustache, she would twirl it with gay abandon!, I have never seen such overacting since Faye Dunaway ran amok in Mommie Dearest!...She is wonderfully bizarre!

Edited by crowefan