Anyone here from Attercliffe? (Part 2)

my cousin Tommy Haywood lived in one of those streets opposite Banners - just cant remember the street name. Opposite side of the road and further down from that fantastic pie and peas shop!!! Remember going with a basin, getting it filled with pie and peas and gravy!!

Hi tan . Henry titterton was a trades unionist and temperance campaigner who live around 1870s but also know for growing fine rhubarb on the old market garden . what the old huntsman garden school was built on . only lived on titterton st till I was 3 then moved to fell rd but my grandad and aunt dot lived there till 70s so kept calling in and cocked hat with my dad . Them days I had to sit in kitchen while he had a drink or 2 .Sure henry titterton would have frowned on that. Used to go on all cocked hat fishing match's when I was a lad great dads.:P:hihi::suspect:

What was your aunty dot's surname an your grandad - I must know them if they lived there up to 70's.

I have some old maps somewhere, Cliffsharky, when I was researchin my Attercliffe roots for a course at night school some years ago and I remember seeing some gardens around what became Titterton Street. Wished I'd know the stuff about Henry Titterton an his rhubarb then though, it would got me some more marks!!

Tan have sent you a pm with names sure house number was 21.

anyone go to st charles i was there from 1943 to 1954 ann stancliffe any out there can recall school days at this school be nice to hear from you cheers

Hi Catkins

I went to St Charles school but not until 1956, although my brothers went there too and they are 3 and 6 years older then me. Our surname is Meegan

Marion

Does anyone know or did know christine hall who lived on carbrook st. or keith kemp who lived near the carbrook hotel, I lived on coleridge rd. and remember the pavilion, adelphi and regal cinemas well .

:)Was down the cliffe last night and it was quite busy.the greyhound has been refurbed and it wasnt bad in the carlton either.Lisa stacey king,waited for you outside rads lady????lol.:)

hi brooksy ive just found this site im robert colin wrights older brother

by the way peter swan was better than david hirst by far

by the way peter swan was better than david hirst by far

Don't talk silly!!

talking to big jack stevenson and he told me about this site luvly to hear from old cliffe lads/lasses by the way who got most england caps swanny or hirsty never mind were all wednesday arnt we