Anyone here from Attercliffe? (Part 2)

Hi joan brooks lives at firth park i met her brothers david and john recently my sisters rita and janet thew used to go skating so dis my cousins lorraine and kathleen betts they used to take me lol a very long time ago

Hi joan brooks lives at firth park i met her brothers david and john recently my sisters rita and janet thew used to go skating so dis my cousins lorraine and kathleen betts they used to take me lol a very long time ago

Hi Jim - it's me Jackie Clarke (Steves wife). Thanks for the info. It's for someone who asked me if I knew where either Joan or Gladys had moved to.:)

Hi jacquic im sorry iv not kept in touch but my computer crashed and i lost those photos of steve im on facebook now and wud like to see those photos again if possible i have being trying to find u on facebook but cudnt it was nice to hear from u again i miss your bloke

Hiya I'll 'friends request' you on FB and you can see the pics again on there. I'll put the really old ones in too with a lad called "Mick Bun" (I think). Yeah, even after all these years, I still expect him to come walking in .......... but, of course, he never does. Check your FB, I'll get onto it now. Jackie xx

Hello, I'm trying to locate either Joan Brooks or Gladys Ellis - both from around Don Road area if anyone has heard of them.

Gladys Ellis lived on Ebury ST along with her sister Dorothy and brother Peter. Dorothy passed her 11plus and left Maltby St School but both Gladys and Peter left at 15. Dorothy later worked at Sanderson Bros&Newbould in the Engineers Office.

i lived at 182 ripon street....my names christian. what number did you live at? heres a few names for you from ripon street...george mitchell.{mingo] walt christian... david artcliffe...jeff seaman..he was murdered in africa....tommy piggot....edwin rayworth...ring any bells?.

Hi there, researching christian family in this area interested to know:

christian your last name?

who was walt christian?

I first left Attercliffe in 61 and returned several times over the following few years to my mothers on Newhall Road. I can remember the roller skating rink on Zion Lane but can't recall ever seeing or hearing about it becoming The Central?....

I am curious now I must admit.

hi joan, my name is graham Christian. I used to go to the skating ring on zion lane as a kid around 1955 to 1960 . I can remember the central, infact I used to go there on a sat night.are you on facebook ?

hi joan, my name is graham Christian. I used to go to the skating ring on zion lane as a kid around 1955 to 1960 . I can remember the central, infact I used to go there on a sat night.are you on facebook ?

Think it was roughly 62 when central opened, me and my hubby went Saturday and sunday nightAlso to skating,loved the little café in mugs alley.

is that any relation to ireen and janet monks or munks ?

I don't think they are, or if they are, they aren't very closely related. (I'm Irenes daughter)

before i go to anybody who;s interested there;s a reunion at the everest pub at ballifield on the 16 july for all those who went to beaver hill school all wellcome

i went to beaverhill school 1956 to 1960.

---------- Post added 21-10-2013 at 17:02 ----------

hi shem i lived on ripon st off woodbourne road, my wife came from bottom end of cliffe steadfast st, she went to maltby st school then parkhouse

i lived on ripon street 50s and 60 ...hard times but good times...great memories....!!

---------- Post added 21-10-2013 at 17:04 ----------

Hi bossyboots

I was born in 1944 and from the age of about 10 I used to go to the skating rink skating in the mugs alley. I never knew it as anything else.

where did you live?

After starting the original attercliffe thread many moons ago it would seem that after a bit of a lift in the area things have now taken a dip!pubs closing and the demise of the donvalley stadium are signs of major decline kicking in.oh well got the memories of living down there:|