Anyone here from Attercliffe? (Part 2)

Hi Ann

We did go to school together. I remember you.

Can you remeber Marilyn Otter, Janet Howcroft, Trevor Edwards,Peter Dixon??

If you have email you can contact me at

jpennington@nnc.ac.uk

My old mum has asked me to post! lol, anyone remember:- walter, bill, amy, irene and nellie BRADLEY??? clixby road, well thats my mums clan!! born and bred "cilffe"

my dad was born in attercliff in 1938 along with his 14 brothers and sisters no are hear today his mum and dad were called elsi and joseph nortcliff

Yep the same one although I would say that it was more of a news van than a newsagents. I remember how cold it was during the winter at the corner of Worthing Road, but met some lovely and facinating people (good old Attercliffe characters) and have some very funny and interesting stories to tell

Hi David,

Yes remember you well, i used to live next door to the newsagents( i think!)

My Gran was called Hilda Poole.

Hi Carlb

When I started to sell the papers all the buildings including the newsagents were mainly derelict, but a few were still occupied e.g. the corner shop and cafe, and the houses below-down the slope.

When they finally demolished the newsagent I bought a van and moved next to the garages just down the road.

David

is it hilda poole who used to work at mrs becketts chipshop

hello jackie palmer i remember all of them otter dixon edwards same year at school as otter and otter

is it hilda poole who used to work at mrs becketts chipshop

Yes that was her, we live next door to the best chippy in Sheffield...

Is Bobsville Robert ( Bob ) Smith? ( I think you are a year or so older than me )

I used to live at 122 Westbury Street opposite the yard Rene Denial lived in. I went to school with her, Janet Haskins and Sylvia Fletcher.

I remember the skating rink and Attercliffe Church, Banners and the barrow that sold fruit and mushrooms in the Street at the side, Oh......and Attercliffe Baths with a cup of Boveril afterwards!

Karen Gregory as was.

Hi cliffsharky; my husband went to newhall school so did his older brothers and sisters the Goddards.

Surley you remember the central dance hall?????????????

noyhinh wrong with Ecclesfield we live on Green Lane and we luv it. keep in touch. LG.

My family used to live in Attercliffe in the 50's . I was born there, on Sleaford Street opposite Banners and we ended up living in Ecclesfield too .. Small world .. Lol !!

hi brooksy ive just found this site im robert colin wrights older brother

Hi Robert i remember your brother Colin, and sister Vicky god bless her she used to babysit me and my siblings, she used to let us stay up long after our bedtime....happy days

Yes that was her, we live next door to the best chippy in Sheffield...

I can remember Hilda Poole I was friends with Christine Poole though I think she was bit older than me and I think Wendy Barratt was her friend and Mary Armstrong.