Anyone here from Attercliffe? (Part 2)

Hello Catkins, I went to St. Charles School, loved it Miss Smith was the Headmistress then and her sister also taught there so did Miss Hinkins and Miss Wells left to go to Notre Dame but didn't like it as much as St. Charles.

I remember the Mission on clay street (Sunday School) and when I went there a very nice married couple ran it...........can't remember their married name.

Mr and Mrs Wilde. I lived just across the road on Clay street, used to go to the Sunday school with my 4 brothers. (Mitchells).

any body remember my great aunt agnes who had a shop end of newhall road with a big meat pie in the window sixpence a portion spent all her profits in the old tram car pub

been great reading all the post about the cliffe

wondering if anyone can help does anyone remember jillian fish she was born around 1962 she had a elder sister called susan

we went to maltby street school

i think she lived on liverpool street if i an remember rightly she had a wall in her yard that over looked the don

wondering if anyone can help does anyone remember jillian fish she was born around 1962 she had a elder sister called susan

i think she lived on liverpool street if i an remember rightly she had a wall in her yard that over looked the don

I knew Yvonne fish who lived on Liverpool street. We were in the same class at Maltby street. I lived on Clay street.

although its been many years since the roller skating rink. but looking at your photo, it rings a bell.

---------- Post added 06-03-2013 at 18:09 ----------

i too was born in 1945, and went to the central every week......bet i know you.

---------- Post added 06-03-2013 at 18:17 ----------

the atkison brothers... was one called raymond?

---------- Post added 06-03-2013 at 18:26 ----------

alfie denial..... now there was a lad who could take care of himself !!

---------- Post added 06-03-2013 at 18:38 ----------

i lived at 182 ripon street....my names christian. what number did you live at? heres a few names for you from ripon street...george mitchell.{mingo] walt christian... david artcliffe...jeff seaman..he was murdered in africa....tommy piggot....edwin rayworth...ring any bells?.

My dad was Terrence. He was known as Mingo and not his brother George.

I knew Yvonne fish who lived on Liverpool street. We were in the same class at Maltby street. I lived on Clay street.

There was a Maureen Fish in my class. She lived down that way too.

Have p.m'd ya Susan .................

HI SHARKY I CANNOT BELEIVE NO ONE HAS MENTIONED THE CENTRAL DANCE HALL THAT USE TO BE THE SKATING RINK i THINK IT WAS ON ZION LANE.

ALWAYS PACKED ON SATURDAY NITE WITH LADS AND LASSES FROM THE CLIFF, ALFRED RD WHERE I LIVED JONNY WHITE SANG THERE AS I REMEMBER AND MANY OTHER LIVE BANDS. HOPEFULLY MY THREAD JUST MITE JOG A FEW MEMORIES REPLY PLZ.......

johnny white was my mate -I played there a few times count lindsay

Have p.m'd ya Susan .................

Yvonne fish was my friend. She lived on Liverpool Street.

Hi bossyboots

I was born in 1944 and from the age of about 10 I used to go to the skating rink skating in the mugs alley. I never knew it as anything else.

Hello, I'm trying to locate either Joan Brooks or Gladys Ellis - both from around Don Road area if anyone has heard of them.