Anyone here from Attercliffe? (Part 2)

Hi Glenn I am Pete Berresford we all knocked about together, as I remember you lived next door to a irish kid called Steven i think that was his name, as for the cherry B we where in your house one Easter and decided to drink it the next thing I remember was getting a good hiding from dad and chucking up in bed I think your mother gave you a good belting as well,just the smell of that drink even now makes me feel sick. How are you doing ?? are you still in Sheffield ?? I left Sheffield years back and after working in various places settled in Brixham (south Devon) ,I think the brothers lived in the yard on chippingham place,

Ah it's all coming back to me now, the last time i saw you was in Ranmoor when i had the newsagents there, remember? i think you were working in Fulwood at the time.

the irish family next door were the Roches, there were four brothers Eugene,Vincent, Michael and the youngest Steven, the older brothers were always p*****, hows your Tommy and your sister Lynn and if my memory is intact didn't you have an older sister as well?.

I'm living in Brinsworth now, been here since 1966

Ah it's all coming back to me now, the last time i saw you was in Ranmoor when i had the newsagents there, remember? i think you were working in Fulwood at the time.

the irish family next door were the Roches, there were four brothers Eugene,Vincent, Michael and the youngest Steven, the older brothers were always p*****, hows your Tommy and your sister Lynn and if my memory is intact didn't you have an older sister as well?.

I'm living in Brinsworth now, been here since 1966

Hi Glen

Thats right I remember now Yes I was working at Ranmoor Hall as my first wife also worked there, Tommy moved to Spain and died, Lynne still lives in Sheffield, and my oldest sister Ann now lives in Portsmouth, I now have 3 children my oldest lives in Rotherham (security door fitter) the next lives in Crosspool (accountant) and the youngest moved to Brixham. Was i right in thinking your mum was called Nellie and your dad Cyril ??

Hi Glen

Thats right I remember now Yes I was working at Ranmoor Hall as my first wife also worked there, Tommy moved to Spain and died, Lynne still lives in Sheffield, and my oldest sister Ann now lives in Portsmouth, I now have 3 children my oldest lives in Rotherham (security door fitter) the next lives in Crosspool (accountant) and the youngest moved to Brixham. Was i right in thinking your mum was called Nellie and your dad Cyril ??

Pete, i have sent you a private message, just look at the top of this page at the right hand side.

Pete, i have sent you a private message, just look at the top of this page at the right hand side.

Hi Glenn

Thans for the reply have sent you a private reply

yes, my name is Carrington although i dont remember the getting drunk bit, probably because it has happened many more times since then, terrible thing to say i know:)

the questions I have are, where were we? who were we with?and more to the point what happened after?

The lads i lknocked around with in those days were Pete Beresford, and two brothers Denis and Glenn, sadly i cant remember their surname, are you one of these lads Cliffboy?

Hi Glenn, my name is Jackie and I know just who you're talking about-though I haven't seen them for a bit. The brothers were Dennis & Glenn Thompson - Glenn doesn't live far from me but not sure where Dennis lives.

Hello Jackie, as much as it pains me to say it and also embarrassing too, I dont recall you from my childhood, did you live on Shortridge Street too?, and did you go to Huntmans Gardens school.

And does the name Anita Taylor, or her sister Pat, mean anything to you?

I knew a girl called anita taylor i went to school with her

does anyone remember janet or rita thew from don pace lorraine and kathleen betts from don place just off don rd

Hello, Only just come back on the site so apologies for the late posting. My husband used to hang around with an Eric Thew from Don Place - got to be more than a coincidence??

Jackie

hi jackie your husband shud be around 59 to 60 then were did he live ?

hi jackie your husband shud be around 59 to 60 then were did he live ?

Yes, he was born in 1952 and lived just off Zion Lane (Burgess Rd) and then on Treeton Street. He went to Huntsmans Gardens then Hartley Brook. He died in Jan 1984

so sorry to hear that jackie i also went to hartley brook i was was born in 5 don place in 1953 we were the last family to move from brightside i very happy days there probley knew your husband

I was from the Cliff my local pub was The Dog & Partridge at the top of Oaks Green anybody know it ??

I remember that pub, I used to live on Slitting mill lane up to age of 4 in 1955 which was behind the ols wash-house and shop at bottom of Oakes green which was up some steps was owned by Mrs Myers. I used to go back with my mother to see ourv old neighbour Mrs Birch who was Irish and I called her Mammy Birch. She had daughter called May and son callled Brian who was in army and he brought me a doll back from Germany when I was 2 in 1953 and I've still got it:D:love: Special people, sad we lost touch when the houses were demolished