Anyone here from Attercliffe? (Part 2)

B L B , Gurnals , scots Mary , all part of attercliff

does anybody remember the chenney family, lived near banners

Hi bossyboots

I was born in 1944 and from the age of about 10 I used to go to the skating rink skating in the mugs alley. I never knew it as anything else.

hi im also born 1944 and went to skating rink 2 or 3 times aweek depending on my gran giving me the money if i remember a shilling was all i needed i think it was ninepence to get in and threepence left for a drink oh forthe good times j

cleegirl

born 1945 also used skates on a regular basis.few years later a skates opened further up the cliffe used that as well

went to that one on queens road about a year ago with grand kids and surprised them with the things i could still do.i agree great times indeed

Now that I DO recall....I always thought that was a sarcastic term for it though:hihi:

Hi used to live on Shortridge street .Does anybody remember Banners

I was from the Cliff my local pub was The Dog & Partridge at the top of Oaks Green anybody know it ??

Hi used to live on Shortridge street .Does anybody remember Banners

Hi cliffboy, i lived on Shortridge Street from 1959 to 1966, No23 just up from Banners, i used to love going in there just before Xmas to play with the toys, happy days!:hihi:

and watch the money shoots, brill shop when i was younger, and yes toy in there at christmas were great

Hi cliffboy, i lived on Shortridge Street from 1959 to 1966, No23 just up from Banners, i used to love going in there just before Xmas to play with the toys, happy days!:hihi:

Hi Glenn,

I lived at Number 14 , is your surname Carrington. if so you must remember the easter when we got drunk on cherry B ???

Hi Glenn,

I lived at Number 14 , is your surname Carrington. if so you must remember the easter when we got drunk on cherry B ???

yes, my name is Carrington although i dont remember the getting drunk bit, probably because it has happened many more times since then, terrible thing to say i know:)

the questions I have are, where were we? who were we with?and more to the point what happened after?

The lads i lknocked around with in those days were Pete Beresford, and two brothers Denis and Glenn, sadly i cant remember their surname, are you one of these lads Cliffboy?

yes, my name is Carrington although i dont remember the getting drunk bit, probably because it has happened many more times since then, terrible thing to say i know:)

the questions I have are, where were we? who were we with?and more to the point what happened after?

The lads i lknocked around with in those days were Pete Beresford, and two brothers Denis and Glenn, sadly i cant remember their surname, are you one of these lads Cliffboy?

Hi Glenn I am Pete Berresford we all knocked about together, as I remember you lived next door to a irish kid called Steven i think that was his name, as for the cherry B we where in your house one Easter and decided to drink it the next thing I remember was getting a good hiding from dad and chucking up in bed I think your mother gave you a good belting as well,just the smell of that drink even now makes me feel sick. How are you doing ?? are you still in Sheffield ?? I left Sheffield years back and after working in various places settled in Brixham (south Devon) ,I think the brothers lived in the yard on chippingham place,

does anyone remember janet or rita thew from don pace lorraine and kathleen betts from don place just off don rd