Anyone here from Attercliffe? (Part 2)

I used to stay with an aunt on Don place,Doris Thew was her name and my cousins were Rita,Janet and Eric,my gran Lived at 88 Paget st,I spent a lot of time on the rec.We went to the skating rink three times a week,how can anyone forget the milkshakes at Brompton rd cafe,the bus terminus was there for the no5 bus to take us back to Southey.I used to go out with a girl of titterton st called Josie,all my clothes came from the cliffe especially my Whit suit from burgesses.I have a George Cunningham print of the cliffe and it brings back a lot of very happy memories.

the clinic was on vicarage lane, can you remember the dreaded jar of malt it was thick brown stuff that was good for you hehe

Yes I can remember the dreaded jar of malt, two table spoons full every morning before school, I can still smell and taste it now Arghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

hi bobsville the lads name who lived on rippon st was john perry not bob perry theres afew i knew who lived round there i used to go to woodbourn rd youth club

me too i went to woodbourn youth club get the records on and bop like crazy alta,

hi catkins has your partner got her book published ive read one or two about the cliffe enjoyed them ialso played the records at the youth club used to love dancing used to go to the rads on tuesday night get someone to signe us in those were the days cheers shem

hi shem yes she did get her book published. its called ,life and love on the cliffe,by ann zahra,hope this helps cheers :)

As you all come from Attercliffe, does anyone know where Swallow Place was. My grandma lived there for a while in 1891. I think it has long gone now.

Brian

swallow place was off swallow street which behind brompton road ,hope this helps a bit cheers

hi thecliffe im a little bit curious to who you are did you live round about brompton rd iknow your my age i wonder if i know you

Hello Shem,

What makes you think you know me.............do I know you?

can anyone tell my were Corby street was as my g and gg grandad live on there thanks

Hi thecliffe i thought with you knowing afew people round about brompton rd ebury st ect ijust thought imight know you ilived on brompton rd from 1937 to1957 my name was rita shemeld

Hello Shem, my mum and uncle often talked about playing with a Donald and Rita Shemeld. They lived in the 'ten houses' at the bottom of Clay Street. Their names were Brian and Lily Wentworth. Are you the same Rita?