Anyone here from Attercliffe? (Part 2)

My wife lived on Clement Street: one of a family of four girls and a boy. Her dad worked at Brown Bayleys as a Chief Electrician - Arthur Smith.

She went to Coleridge Road Schoool then reluctantly to Hinde House.

She used to knock about with a group of three other girls and by a remarkable coincidence met up with one of them on a Cruise Ship. They hadn't met for twenty years then found themselves stood next to each other on the party to celebrate the last day of the cruise.

Hi

I am Alan Fishers cousin. He lives at Brinsworth now. I saw him last Saturday at his son Daniels 21st birthday.

Hi

I am Alan Fishers cousin. He lives at Brinsworth now. I saw him last Saturday at his son Daniels 21st birthday.

Hi Frayava.

I knew an Alan Fisher back in the 60s at Turners Court School in Oxfordshire he came from Sheffield. I am wondering if your Alan is the same chap?

If he is would you ask him to contact me, Both I and a mutual friend, Alan Birch would love to hear from him!

Thanks

is there anyone out there who remembers the Queeny family who lived at 20 Baltic road ? they had 2 sons and one of them demonstrated the yo-yo in Banners toy department in the late 50's or early 60's.

Hi Joan1, no one seems to remember the Central and we all had sucha good time bopping to the live groups. Screaming Lord Such, Dean Marshall and his deputies, a guy called Jonnie White would sing and many others. They were great times if it was open until twelve you were safe to walk home, unlike today.

I recently met up with an old friend and we had a laugh talking about the fun we had. We never bothered about the pubs , although our boyfriends at the time did.

I lived near Alfred Rd and married a lad from the same area, let me know which end of Newhall Rd you lived, we just might no one another.

Keep in touch LG..............

Did you go to Maltby street school Joan! I went to that school from 1945 to 1953 my name was Margret baker, I think you were a year younger than me,

Im 72 now:):):)

Did you go to Maltby street school Joan! I went to that school from 1945 to 1953 my name was Margret baker, I think you were a year younger than me,

Im 72 now:):):)

Yes I did Margaret and can vauguely remember the name. Did you go to the mission on Clay St? Someone said the other day though, that in those days, anyone a year or two above us were real grownups and wouldn't want to know us younger ones......:hihi: I left in 57 so you would have been leaving as I went into the seniors I would think.

There was a family called Denial used to live on Cottingham Street. Rene, Alf and Dennis, think there was another boy but can't remember his name

hi don't know if you remember him by my husband was born on Cottingham St Mick Richardson brothers terry pete &sister Jean sadley he passed away in May this year but i remember Alf &Dennis Rene went to Australia but was killed in Road accident early 70's i think also Dave & Rita Cook they had younger twin sisters Janet & Doreen

hi don't know if you remember him by my husband was born on Cottingham St Mick Richardson brothers terry pete &sister Jean sadley he passed away in May this year but i remember Alf &Dennis Rene went to Australia but was killed in Road accident early 70's i think also Dave & Rita Cook they had younger twin sisters Janet & Doreen

I remember the Cooks and the name Richardson rings a bell but just can't place him. What number did they live at. We lived at 141

I remember the Cooks and the name Richardson rings a bell but just can't place him. What number did they live at. We lived at 141

he was born at 107 lived for a while at 157 then moved into 109 i also remember the Bishops quite a large family Mick was born in 1944 went to Woodbourne Rd then upto Beaver Hill now Handsworth Grange

hi i remember rita cook she lived with my brother gary for 20 years or more, i know the denials very well and i knew mick richardson he was big mate of dave cook.

hi i remember rita cook she lived with my brother gary for 20 years or more, i know the denials very well and i knew mick richardson he was big mate of dave cook.

still was till he passsed away in may dave & jean still going strong though only knew gary slightly we all used to go in dog and partridge for a drink dance and there was usually a fight a end of nite "the good old days"thing is it was just a few fist fights no guns &knives