Anyone here from Attercliffe? (Part 2)

Hi Joan1, no one seems to remember the Central and we all had sucha good time bopping to the live groups. Screaming Lord Such, Dean Marshall and his deputies, a guy called Jonnie White would sing and many others. They were great times if it was open until twelve you were safe to walk home, unlike today.

I recently met up with an old friend and we had a laugh talking about the fun we had. We never bothered about the pubs , although our boyfriends at the time did.

I lived near Alfred Rd and married a lad from the same area, let me know which end of Newhall Rd you lived, we just might no one another.

Keep in touch LG..............

Hello bossyboots!!

Could the singer have been Tony Whyte?

Hi MARY POPPINS, Your"e right ,Ronnie Dukes, Ricky Lee & familly did live in a bunglow in Brisworth. It was no 1 Broadway,(he told us he always wanted to be on Broadway,!!!). I was one of the gang of four bricklayers which built Rons bunglow sometime in 1959.He was a real great guy, used to come up to the site every couple of weeks or so,just to see how things were going, at that time he had a great big Ford Fairlane coupe, shocking pink in coulor!!!!. He would stay for a while, then give us all a ten bob note (50p) each!.(you cold get 8 pints of Stones Bitter for that then!!!!!.) The gates with the music notes on were made extra wide cos" of the big car he had. He also had a small personel gate to the side also with music notes on. I actually built those brick pillars while Ron was watching where he gave me an extra ten bob note. Great guy!.

I think Ricky Lee was a Tomlinson and I knew her bother Tommy. At this time they lived in Attercliffe in a 'two uo & two down' Tommy attended Maltby street school.

I think Ricky Lee was a Tomlinson and I knew her bother Tommy. At this time they lived in Attercliffe in a 'two uo & two down' Tommy attended Maltby street school.

So did Audrey who was a bit older than me and their sister June, who was a year younger. June was also in the Sheffield Schools Choir at the same time as me.

Just wonder if anyone remembers my nanna and grandad, Bill and Ivy Glasby? They lived on Hoban Street and my grandad worked at Brown Baileys until about 1969. They had one son, Don (my Dad) who sadly died earlier this year. My nanna's maiden name was Whitehead and her family also came from Attercliffe.

Hi, I'm not sure but my mum and grandma both worked at Brown Bayley's and I think I remember the surname Glasby being mentioned. Sorry I don't know anything more than that. My grandma was Annie Denial and my mum is Audrey Bell (nee Denial).

Hi, I'm not sure but my mum and grandma both worked at Brown Bayley's and I think I remember the surname Glasby being mentioned. Sorry I don't know anything more than that. My grandma was Annie Denial and my mum is Audrey Bell (nee Denial).

There was a family called Denial used to live on Cottingham Street. Rene, Alf and Dennis, think there was another boy but can't remember his name

Does anybody know people that lived in Ebury St Attercliffe?

Names I remember are Pat Milnes.....Gladys Griffiths.....Michael Brookes and somebody Ellis. Lots of people at the time by sight but nothing specific.

Thank you Joanl,

I remember the Elliss's now.......George, Peter, Glady's, + 2 more male/femail

t here were maureen rodgers she had siblins can,t remember there names there were the gelsthorpes dora mavis mary wilfred and afew more siblings

There was a family called Denial used to live on Cottingham Street. Rene, Alf and Dennis, think there was another boy but can't remember his name

Sorry don't know about those Denials, not relatives of our I think. Strange 'cos it's quite an unusual name.

Thank you Shem,

I now remember the Gelsthorps!!