Anyone here from Attercliffe? (Part 2)

Hi Derek,

I think they were there late 1930's and 1940's, my dad was born is 1940 and his sister in 1939.

Thanks.

Jon

The dance hall above burtons at bottom of staniforth road was the Astoria great times

Hi

Im looking on behalf of my M.I.L. to be, and here is the info that I have been given. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated :)

We're looking for Paul Wood(s) son of Dennis and Marjory (nee) Cannon.

He had 2 brothers Peter and Andrew and a step sister Pat.

He was born/lived at 46 Swan Street, and lived in there at least in the 50's.

As I said before, any information at all really would be appreciated.

Cheers

Angi

The proper address for the central ballroom was church lane not zion lane, there was an emergency exit on zion lane only.

Great to see the attercliffe thread still going,i actually started the original one.Some of the older members know longer on here or indeed with us

Yes, its good to wander on to these pages when ya get a bit of spare time.... wanderin down Memory Lane or Titterton Street really!! Whenever I come on here, youve not long since been gone Brooksy!! Keep it up.... and I think I been around on here nearly as long as you...

hi tangerine I started out on titterton st forgot number but it was bang across from school first house side of think it was a telephone exchange. but football always went over the wall right drop down. I was smaller then so may have not been that deep but you dearn`t ask your dad to get it.just been reading a book that explains where the name titterton comes from coincidence.

Great to see the attercliffe thread still going,i actually started the original one.Some of the older members know longer on here or indeed with us

Yes that was the very first thread that I posted on and my reason for joining.

I was born on Newhall Road...1942 and went to Maltby St Council School :thumbsup:

Hi cliffsharky

Where did Titterton come from... Did you go to Huntsmans then? on other Titterton street and I lived second house on left - used to be able to see over into back of Cutlers pub from our back yard. Those were the days, drifting from Cocked Hat to Cutlers to Brit!!! The other day I was only talkin about us kids on the street... me and my friends (we were about 8) were nicely playin house in her back yard when this lad next door to her was givin us grief... I answered him back and he threw a stone at me... I ducked and it broke my friends house window.. and I got told off for duckin!!! My dad had to pay for and replace the glass... now thats not right....

Remember playing "Four wheels" when it was justing turnin dusk - someone had run to the Worksop Road whilst we got hidden.

Remember starting in the infants in Huntsmans - got a brand new navy blue coat and when I went to coe hom someone had nicked it and left an old scruffy thin cardi.... heartbroken I was!!! I remember Johnsons living in that first house on that part of Titterton (Joan had newsagents on Worksop Road) but cant remember anyone else on that side.

Hi Joanl

Just reading your post, my friend Kath Shepherd used to go to Maltby Street school in 50's and used to talk about a Joan and a julie fothergill - was it you?"

Hi Joanl

Just reading your post, my friend Kath Shepherd used to go to Maltby Street school in 50's and used to talk about a Joan and a julie fothergill - was it you?"

No not me and although I can remember the name Fothergill I think it was a Pat and she was older than me.

I was Joan Robinson and left in '57.

I used to knock about with Alan Fisher and Pete Wiley from about 1954 to 58

They lived in a side street opposite Banners. Anyone remember them?