Anyone here from Attercliffe? (Part 2)

MILO007,

Hi again I have recently met up with tonys wife shelia, she told me about her brother inlaw passing away, and it is so sad. If I beleive Tony and Rita were older than there brother, I think his name was Jack.

I'm sure Rita will remember me from the central dance, and maybe from before because, we used to hang around with D Downes, and the Atkinson brothers when we were in our teens. There were me Shelia and my sister Pat by the way Im Linda.

I have spoken to Shelia this week and we are going to meet up for a drink, but I haven't seen Tony for several years. I have it on good authority that he still dresses the same lol.

Keep in touch LG.

hi linda,it was steve that died not jack,steve was the youngest.and no linda he does'nt dress anything like he used to.Summat up wi your pats eyes.:hihi:Sheila

Hi lived down the cliff as you called it i remember zion lane from the 50ts iwent to Carbrook then Coleridge RD we had to go and see nit nurse and the dentist

we had to sit over table while mum combed nits out on to the Sheffield Star

and then cracked them between finger nails.

As you say great days ink monitor milk monitor lovely when it was frozen got extra

the ******* dident like it be cause it had ice ontop, wrong side of 74 but still happy times CHEERS DTM

Edited by Draggletail
Derogatory term

Hi lived down the cliff as you called it i remember zion lane from the 50ts iwent to Carbrook then Coleridge RD we had to go and see nit nurse and the dentist

As you say great days ink monitor milk monitor lovely when it was frozen got extra

the ******* dident like it be cause it had ice ontop, wrong side of 74 but still happy times CHEERS DTM

HI derek i lived further down cliff near pavillion bit younger than you born 1956 left cliff 1972 remember clinic going there for injections nit nurse and other check ups the clinic was on vicarage rd

Edited by Draggletail
Quotes derogatory term

hi derek

remember all thing mentioned also went to carbrook then coleridge rd lived on carltonville rd 1939/1962 didnt you go to live at saxilby wil be 70 myself this year didnt you have a younger brother still got great memories of carbrook/attercliffe have been trying get copies of old school registers but so far no luck would like to see or talk to old schoolfriends and mates from them times regards aj

[Hi Gethro/ I remember Maurice Wilson and I think I can remember Margaret. Did she used to hang out with Marie Petty (who lived in Steven Haywards yard) and Linda Haslam who lived in the same yard as thr Lemanskis or with the girls off Bodmin St? That yard was right across the street from us. Mrs Lemanski was the daughter of (?) Brown who owned the little converted shop on the street and they had a son - Stefan. Are Sonny and Kath Wildgoose the parents of David Wildgoose? Dave and I were good buddies and I have been trying to find him for many years now. I heard that he and quite a few people from the area moved the new housing on Greenland Rd, but it's difficult to track people down from here in British Columbia. The Wildgooses used to live in the same yard as the Willets. I remember Mick - his dad used be a very good piano player. Hope this is not too many questions for you Gethro and thanks for the information you've already passed on.]

[Hi again mickr. we were the house next to Wallers, as a matter of fact it was their son Bill who l left England with to hitch-hike around the world arrived in N Zealand two years later, been hear ever since. Jack must have left about four years later than me, l left in 1956. l remember the Bodfields and Richardsons, l believe the Petty's lived next door to them, l always fancied lrene Petty. where abouts in Ausie is Jack,? give him my regards he may still remember me, though its over fifty years ago. my name is Pete Beardshaw]

Marie and Irene Petty are my aunties, my mum being Alice Petty. The Petty family lived at 21 Beall Street (I think!!). I was born in 1955 and mum, dad and I lived with my grandma and grandad until around 1961'ish. I did have a short stint at Huntsmans Gardens School before leaving but can't remember much about it. Can't remember what number the Richardsons lived at but we moved from Beall Street around the same time as them and they became our next door neighbours at our new address. Unfortunately both Jean and Brian Richardson have now passed away but they have a son called Russell.

I remember a Josie Waller in Bodmin St in the 1940s, we used to play together as kids, was this the same family

Just wonder if anyone remembers my nanna and grandad, Bill and Ivy Glasby? They lived on Hoban Street and my grandad worked at Brown Baileys until about 1969. They had one son, Don (my Dad) who sadly died earlier this year. My nanna's maiden name was Whitehead and her family also came from Attercliffe.

Hi all,

Did anyone know Cissy Monks from Carbrook St, married Ivor Stanley Morley? They had a son Robert and daughter Anne who I think went to the primary school near to Carbrook St.

Thanks in advance.

Jon

Carbrook lad i had two younger Bro Walter he became a police inspecter in Lincoln

and Norris was Landlord At the Ship Hotel Saxilby, i cant place you yet you are a bit younger than me im coming up 74 the brain goes a bit at this time sorry coming up 75

hi derek

yes you are a little older than me i will be 70 in oct i think norris was in the same class at carbrook county school with me used to come fishing saxilby every week end with my dad fished on the drinsey knook stretch or walked up to till great times regards aj