Anyone here from Attercliffe? (Part 2)

my husbands name is pete he lived on newhall rd corner of alfred rd, met you at douggie davidsons funeral din;t get much chance to speak because we had to leave early (baby sitting duties) .mary

Now I know who you are, always with Roger B outside rosies shop laughing, good days pete. I can remember my first indoor toilet, heaven to be able to pull the flush without it being frozen in the cold. no more going across the yard with the bucket hoping no one would see you.But if I am honest there seemed to be more caring neighbors more helpful if anyone was ill. not like today. you never see mothers turning the skipping rope for the kids. playing kikcan, delavio, kiss catch, mind you no one ever kissed me, even though I never ran that fast.ahah. AND HERE WE ARE USING OUR PC.

I will never forget Alfred rd they were poor timses but the best. keep in touch

Linda GXX

Hi the skates and central was on church lane the furniture store was called websters you went down church lane zion lane was first on left short distanc e the skates and central i believe had another name palais de danse

Hi mickr I stand corrected woolworths had an enterance on zion lane I had a saturday job there wen I was 14. worked on the make up counter. come on girle remember,rimmel hair spray in a tube, miners lipstick yellow kick, and outdoor girl, pink with white lipstick to make it paler.Going to the Locarno on sat night, and the roxy bopping swinging round showing the tops of our stockings, Geeat days dont mind gettin older because I have good memories.

Hi,

Just came across a load of stuff from my uncle and I found that my granddad was the president in 1975 at the Attercliffe Liberal Club....

====

Officials

President : William Knowles.

Secretary: L. Christopher

Treasurer: H. Scarratt

Committee

W.Goodison

H.Towers

C.Smith

F.Webster

E.Witham

N.Ridgeway

E.West

H.Joel

Any one know him? Sorry to say he died in 1985. I am carrying out a family tree and would love to hear from his friends.

I have very few photos so if any one can help? Club pictures and news around 1975?

btw I am he grand son.

Thanks!

Sorry I cannot help you but don't give up threads read each day...........

I lived down the cliff during the war on Brinsworth street near the Attercliff Palace, from 1943 to1946 .

Started my schooling at Huntsmans gardens ?...

Lived in a flat down there from being 3yrs old to being 6 but looking back it's really strange how clearly I remember it

Hi the skates and central was on church lane the furniture store was called websters you went down church lane zion lane was first on left short distanc e the skates and central i believe had another name palais de danse

hi milooo7

you bring back many memories of a mispent youth at this fine place dancing on saturdaynights on the rollerskates also playing roller hockeyfor the sheffield roller hockey club in many fine roller rinks up and down the country

also playing at most butlins holiday camps in there roller trophy

compertions few names can remember.goerge adams goalkeeper.berand deakins jack emes stan storer it was on church lane above websters was owned by the travis family run by harry rohdes wh lived on brompton road hope this stirs a few more memories i thought the palais de dance was the dance hall above burtons shop at the bottom of staniforth road regards aj

glad someone has happy memories of Zion Lane. All I remember from the early 60s is the school clinic and dentist in a hut!! My mum had to drag me there and I am convinced the dentist was ex-ss!! Although researching my family history I found my granddad was born onZion Lane would love a picture of the housing but none in the archives

hi braddablade

dont remember school clinic on zion lane but on next road down same road as adelphi picture palace you we right the dentist we ex ss pulled out teeth when they put you to sleep with the gas oh happy days

glad someone has happy memories of Zion Lane. All I remember from the early 60s is the school clinic and dentist in a hut!! My mum had to drag me there and I am convinced the dentist was ex-ss!! Although researching my family history I found my granddad was born onZion Lane would love a picture of the housing but none in the archives

Vicarage Road was where the school clinic was. I left school in 57 and to be honest, the dentist then has saved me a lot of money over the years. He could have pulled em out, but he saved them and they have served me well over the years. My dentist was a Rolf Harris look-a-like called Mr. Bloomfield and his nurse, (who he married,) was called Joyce if I remember rightly.

Hi longchat you have the advantage ,knowing me and our Pat ahah,so maybe you will let me no who I am replying to.

You are the only one who remembers the central good times had by all.

Our Pat is fine, still with Malc, and I'm still with David, 44yrs two kids Darren and Gina and have five great grand children, ages 24 to fourteen luvem to bits.At the moment I am recovering from a broken hip but on the mend, we are trying to get a few together who went to the dance to remenis would you be interested got about eight at the moment, We'd meet in a pub, can you remember Tony Driver from the cliff, been in touch with him and Shelia Heppenstall his wife.plz reply,LG.

Hi bossyboots dont know tony driver but I know his sister rita and her husband colin very good friends ove mine dont know how long it is since youve seen tony but sadly ritas other brother sadly died at christmas time sorry for giving you bad news

MILO007,

Hi again I have recently met up with tonys wife shelia, she told me about her brother inlaw passing away, and it is so sad. If I beleive Tony and Rita were older than there brother, I think his name was Jack.

I'm sure Rita will remember me from the central dance, and maybe from before because, we used to hang around with D Downes, and the Atkinson brothers when we were in our teens. There were me Shelia and my sister Pat by the way Im Linda.

I have spoken to Shelia this week and we are going to meet up for a drink, but I haven't seen Tony for several years. I have it on good authority that he still dresses the same lol.

Keep in touch LG.

We may well laugh, but in those days we were all looked after, by the dentist and the nit nurse at school lol. We also had milk everyday not like the kids today. Thats why we will be among the last to live past our eighties.

Thanks to the good old days.........................

I lived down the cliff during the war on Brinsworth street near the Attercliff Palace, from 1943 to1946 .

Started my schooling at Huntsmans gardens ?...

Lived in a flat down there from being 3yrs old to being 6 but looking back it's really strange how clearly I remember.

Carry on remembering it as it was, good years, you wouldn't know it now.