Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

used to pick tony camm up on sunday morning for football usualy had to nock him up played for railway hotel in the eighties in goal

Tony's my brother (saw him yesterday) - forgot he played football for the Railway - sounds about right having to knock him up!

thought i might reply to this thread..did any of you oldies know the Callaghans...they lived at 123 buchanan rd about 1942's to 1970's.......

Wonder if they're related to the Callaghan's who lived on Holgate Road - I used to know Kathy Callaghan.

cant understand it i no his name but cant remember what he looked like how old would he be

About same age as you I reckon Terry. No more than a year either way. Black haired lad. Nice kid. Always came up the field from Holgate rather than down from Wordsworth. Probably went to Colley School

Baldie - Johny was a year a older than us so he would be 61 ish now. Graham still lives in Hillsboro not far from me. He would be 61 also.

yes he is 61 and did go to colley with me and gay gay hoole.

gay gay hoole.

That's the unfortunate nickname I was referring to

Is he still lifeguard at the Wednesday ground?

That's the unfortunate nickname I was referring to

Is he still lifeguard at the Wednesday ground?

only when it floods or when they have lost . full time lately lol.

only when it floods .

Is he the one who checks for Verukahs??

Deep end or Shallow end?

i passed buchannon a few days ago,,god how its changed,,,the demolition of part of the shops,,the health centre looks like its coming on well and asda have took over part of chaucer school field,,,but in a positive way parson cross looks like its going to look great,,especially buchannon

,but in a positive way parson cross looks like its going to look great,,especially buchannon

I hope you're right Richard

As the estate that's been ignored for the last 30 years (just think of the money that's been pumped into The Manor and Arbourthorne!!) it's time that the current crop of Crossies got their just desserts.

I hope that The Asda is the start on a new wave :heyhey:

Somebody should write a book about it

i passed buchannon a few days ago,,god how its changed,,,the demolition of part of the shops,,the health centre looks like its coming on well and asda have took over part of chaucer school field,,,but in a positive way parson cross looks like its going to look great,,especially buchannon

Does anybody know what has happened to Keith the owner of the Chinese takeaway on Buchannon shops is he opening up somewhere else?

Does anybody know what has happened to Keith the owner of the Chinese takeaway on Buchannon shops is he opening up somewhere else?

he was originally going to buy out lung fung chinese on chaucer but heard it fell through,,,yeah bush its looking real good on buchannon,,they just got to do something with the empty land on deerlands and mansel