Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

I'm good thanks. Off to New York on vacation in a few days - my first break from work this year. Needless to say I'm really looking forward to it.

:wow:

Have a wonderful time! Only been on the West Coast - eldest daughter lived there for a couple of years - am hoping to go to NY soon! Enjoy the break!

Parson Crossers going to the States???? Whatever happened to a day trip to Cleethorpes?

Parson Crossers going to the States???? Whatever happened to a day trip to Cleethorpes?

We've certainly come up in the world - who would have thought it all those years ago!!

We've certainly come up in the world - who would have thought it all those years ago!!

Yeah thats what I was thinking! Back in the early 70s a neighbour went to Spain for a week and everybody thought they were dead posh- TOO posh for the cross! :D

Hello Kate T, Hows things Neil and myself are fine thanks, Are your family well Lovely to hear from you. Pennyxx

Hello Kate T, Hows things Neil and myself are fine thanks, Are your family well Lovely to hear from you. Pennyxx

Hi Penny - lovely to hear from you too. My family are ok. Have 2 girls 31 & 27. What about yours? What you up to these days? xx

Hi Kath We have a son 37 lives in Ireland. One Daughter 34 who lives in Leeds and 5 months pregnant. We still live on Knutton were are you based.Pennyxx

Hi Kath We have a son 37 lives in Ireland. One Daughter 34 who lives in Leeds and 5 months pregnant. We still live on Knutton were are you based.Pennyxx

Is this your first grandchild?

We're over on Cooks Wood Road, Parkwood (the hill that goes up from Rutland Road over to Shirecliffe).

Our eldest is getting married in September. The youngest is back at home at the moment. I can't believe we've not bumped into each other in all these years. x

Anyone remember john and geoff wood, they lived on turie crescent from about 1948 to 1980 ish. John is my dad, would love to know any stories or memories you may have. Geoff is now 60 and john 65.

Hi Kath or do you prefer Kate. Yes its our first grandchild. I thought you lived on there somewhere but I cant remember if someone mentioned it years ago or whatever.Do you still work. I remember us having long phone conversations while we were both at work many years ago. Pennyx

bushbaby. if you look in issue no. 30 of the star retro paper, dated 7th august 2010 , on page 8 top right ther is a picture of eddie bedstead, i have only heard of him through the forum, i lived on parson cross in the 60,s, he is described as a colourful character.

bushbaby. if you look in issue no. 30 of the star retro paper, dated 7th august 2010 , on page 8 top right ther is a picture of eddie bedstead, i have only heard of him through the forum, i lived on parson cross in the 60,s, he is described as a colourful character.

colourful is a great word to describe eddie,, i'm surprised you have not heard of him,, he was an icon on parson cross and everyone knew eddie. he was very friendly but kids used to take the **** out of him all the time. so many people on here can tell some great stories about eddie.