Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

Yeah thats the one! Always had an old tennis ball in his mouth and he was only happy when you threw it for him to fetch!

In the summer my hands were constantly slimy from that dogs spit! :D

UGH! Hope you washed em...............

UGH! Hope you washed em...............

I used to lick `em clean! All 10 year old kids did :D

She might not remember me because we were only little when we played together, but we were a bit of a gang, Sandra and Patty Myers, the Wright brothers, the Stocks sisters, Pauline and Sheila, a lad called Simon and a few others. I`m Ray but she might not remember me, I hung around with her about the time she had the op on her teeth.

I remember her mother shouting her on a summer night "ANGELAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" in an operatic voice! :D

Think her mother's still doing that!

Think her mother's still doing that!

Doesnt surprise me one bit! Angela was a lovely lass and Im glad to hear she`s doing ok!

Doesnt surprise me one bit! Angela was a lovely lass and Im glad to hear she`s doing ok!

She is doing ok and well. I love her to bits. I will see if she remembers you - I bet she will.

I used to lick `em clean! All 10 year old kids did :D

Oh no!!!!!!!!

That's the guy!!

He was always having a go at us 'cause we would turn up in midweek for the football sessions but didn't show for the bible class on Sundays - floggin' a dead horse doesn't cover it!! We didn't even know what the bible was! (still don't)

The whole family Nortcliffes had very small heads if i remember correctly

She might not remember me because we were only little when we played together, but we were a bit of a gang, Sandra and Patty Myers, the Wright brothers, the Stocks sisters, Pauline and Sheila, a lad called Simon and a few others. I`m Ray but she might not remember me, I hung around with her about the time she had the op on her teeth.

I remember her mother shouting her on a summer night "ANGELAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" in an operatic voice! :D

Her goes.

Andy Wright (thats me)

Mick Wright

Steve Wright

Geoff Wright ( a lot older courting by this time)

Ray Jackson

Pat Myres

Sandra Myres

Sheila Stocks

Pauline Stocks

Simon Turner

Alan Drabble ( nick name Dwarf )

Roy Sharp

Martin Gregory

Angela White .. Brother Peter and older brother Alan

Soda (the dog )

Plus hundreds of dens built on our back garden :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Edited by Mr Pops

Her goes.

Andy Wright (that me)

Mick Wright

Ray Jackson

Pat Myres

Sandra Myres

Sheila Stocks

Pauline Stocks

Simon Turner

Alan Drabble ( nick name Dwarf )

Roy Sharp

Martin Gregory

Angela White .. Brother Peter and older brother Alan

Soda (the dog )

Plus hundreds of dens built on our back garden :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Dont forget my dog Peppy! :D

Im still in touch with Martyn Gregory and for those who have had the horror of reading through my storys, He`s the Martyn I keep mentioning!

As for the dens- we turned into proper master builders didnt we? Our dens could withstand hurricaines- but sadly they werent soundproofed. I forget the number of times I was slapped because my mother or a neighbour overheared us swearing like troopers! :D

Funnily enough I was talking to my brother in law about Geoff the other day- about the time he found that 6 foot bow buried in your garden. Probably buried there by the Myers brothers years earlier before you moved in.

I remember looking at the ratty, half rotten old thing and wondering if he was going to throw it away but he cleaned it up and sandpapered it and a few weeks later he brought it into the garden looking good as new.

He told me that he intended to string it up and get arrows and fire it at something but I cant remember if he ever did!

On a sad note, I heared that Dwarf died a few years ago. He became a chef in London and killed himself.

Not sure if thats right but I remember him as our living Action man- he was a stunt kid and anything dangerous we thought up we used him as a crash test dummy before we tried it out for ourselves!

Edited by Jabberwocky
Added a bit.

I can only speak for myself but i grew up on there from being 2 yrs old to joining the Forces at 18 yrs old and i loved it ... i know that for many the parsons cross estate has changed but personally myself I`d like to move back to the area i know so well :)

I too joined the forces at 18, I think i was influenced by my friend Cyibll Guy, she lived on Parson Cross, I use to roller skate to her house from Southey Green then we would go mad skating all over the Cross looking for boys :love:

Dont forget my dog Peppy! :D

Im still in touch with Martyn Gregory and for those who have had the horror of reading through my storys, He`s the Martyn I keep mentioning!

As for the dens- we turned into proper master builders didnt we? Our dens could withstand hurricaines- but sadly they werent soundproofed. I forget the number of times I was slapped because my mother or a neighbour overheared us swearing like troopers! :D

Funnily enough I was talking to my brother in law about Geoff the other day- about the time he found that 6 foot bow buried in your garden. Probably buried there by the Myers brothers years earlier before you moved in.

I remember looking at the ratty, half rotten old thing and wondering if he was going to throw it away but he cleaned it up and sandpapered it and a few weeks later he brought it into the garden looking good as new.

He told me that he intended to string it up and get arrows and fire it at something but I cant remember if he ever did!

On a sad note, I heared that Dwarf died a few years ago. He became a chef in London and killed himself.

Not sure if thats right but I remember him as our living Action man- he was a stunt kid and anything dangerous we thought up we used him as a crash test dummy before we tried it out for ourselves!

Wow i did not know about Dwarf :gag: sad news. Of course how can i forget Peppy, as for our Geoffs bow,i cant remember him finding it,but i do remember him buying some arrows and firing a bow and arrow on the field next to Black Hill (Holgate Cresent) where he lost plenty:hihi:.

You obviously remember lots more than i do,but these were the best days of my childhood,thanks for reminding me of them.

Edited by Mr Pops

I mentioned to Angela about this and she was surprised and is now wondering who you all are!

See above post.:)