Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

Tried to get it online because I don't have the Star! Wriggo has not altered much! I recognise a couple of 'em - is that your brother Pete in the middle?

Oops! Just seen the ones with the names!

Kate, yes that,s me in the middle. In front of me to the right - Bushbaby and to the left - Ian Booker. The pic was taken on the old field on Wordsworth Ave that is now occupied by the Petrol station. Our Tony took the photo.

I love the photo and I was wondering who had taken it. I recognised you and of course Steve - thought it was John, but wasn't sure. I remember them building the garage - was it Cleveland and then Alan Pond's? I still call at the garage on the way to my Mum's in Ecclesfield most Sunday's.

There's another foto of me and all the members of REM

That's me in the corner..

:headbang::headbang:

Not in the 'spotlight' then.......

There was one on Yew Lane too - just behind Horace Radcliffe's house. We joined to take part in the annual 5-a-side tournament. We Won it!!

Then we all left:headbang:

You've just answered me a question (without realising of course). I was speaking to someone the other day and couldn't remember Horace's surname...thanks!

You've just answered me a question (without realising of course). I was speaking to someone the other day and couldn't remember Horace's surname...thanks!

It was radcliffe

There was one on Yew Lane too - just behind Horace Radcliffe's house. We joined to take part in the annual 5-a-side tournament. We Won it!!

Then we all left:headbang:

yeah but that was much later , we were talking about 50's and 60's

Yew lane one was creswick greave methodist I believe ran by Mr Nortcliffe he moved there when he fell out with Ecclesfield Trinity Methodists .In the 50's & early 60's Mount Tabor was definitely Scouts

Yew lane one was creswick greave methodist I believe ran by Mr Nortcliffe he moved there when he fell out with Ecclesfield Trinity Methodists

That's the guy!!

He was always having a go at us 'cause we would turn up in midweek for the football sessions but didn't show for the bible class on Sundays - floggin' a dead horse doesn't cover it!! We didn't even know what the bible was! (still don't)

I remember a few people from up on Parson Cross, like brothers Steven and Matt Pinder, who were in a band, Matt played drums, this was late 70's or early 80's (or both), the lad on bass was nicknamed "Pluck", and looked like "The Edge" who plays guitar in U2, but younger of course. The Wheatcroft family had the Parson Cross Hotel I think? There was a girl called Denise who was a mod, her boyfriend used to come and pick her up on his Scooter. I was on Wordsworth Avenue at the time.

Just remembered the name of Angelas dog when she was a little girl.

Soda!

Ok its got nothing to do with the thread but Im just proving Im not senile! :D

Yep i too remember Soda,Brown short haired dog,loved her .

We lived on the Close near Angela White.

Happy Days,wernt they Ray

I mentioned to Angela about this and she was surprised and is now wondering who you all are!

Yeah thats the one! Always had an old tennis ball in his mouth and he was only happy when you threw it for him to fetch!

In the summer my hands were constantly slimy from that dogs spit! :D

I mentioned to Angela about this and she was surprised and is now wondering who you all are!

She might not remember me because we were only little when we played together, but we were a bit of a gang, Sandra and Patty Myers, the Wright brothers, the Stocks sisters, Pauline and Sheila, a lad called Simon and a few others. I`m Ray but she might not remember me, I hung around with her about the time she had the op on her teeth.

I remember her mother shouting her on a summer night "ANGELAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" in an operatic voice! :D