Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

back in the 90's the tavern was always packed out,,,especially when the tombola finished at 10.30 in colley club and people used to walk onto the tavern or the beagle for last orders

i drove past the tavern and its to let-the bottom of the doors had like security grills on so im sure its closed down till they find someone to take her on and the parson cross hotel open as usual but w,t,f has happened to the cross????? i went there yesterday for the first time in about 2 years,,my god there is a new school on mansel,,chaucer upper near halifax road is now flat,and buchanon is crazy,,the new council office and asda-my god what has happened to the cross,,,i know times move on but i loved the old parson cross,,houses on deerlands, buchanon and mansel,,now its just grass,,,sad to see yesterday :( :(

does anyone know why the strawson's big bungalow on the bend of chaucer/yew lane has beed demolished

Does anyone remember Cliff Plant who lived on Dugdale Rd? He had a brother Ronald and a sister Mary.

does anyone know why the strawson's big bungalow on the bend of chaucer/yew lane has beed demolished
iv heard 1 or 2 rumours that it was unstable, planning permission has been granted for new houses, a neighbour who sits on the planning board said 6 are to be built

iv heard 1 or 2 rumours that it was unstable, planning permission has been granted for new houses, a neighbour who sits on the planning board said 6 are to be built

thanks for that,,mr strawson was great,,he would let us go on his gargen for conkers as long as we took a bag round collecting the conker shells off the grass for him,,

Does anyone remember Big john wragg(76)who passed away recently..

w,t,f has happened to the cross?????:( :(

The ASDA is now very much the epicentre of The Cross, with the new library just across the road (on top of Nellie Webster's Nan's house!)

The SOAR Works building behind Margo shops is very interesting. they have a team of people trying very hard to engage the residents and turn the area into a positive place! It also houses a number of Art Studios. Well worth a visit if you're in the area.

Living on Buchanan Rd is like being in the countryside.

I guess things have to change Richard.

The ASDA is now very much the epicentre of The Cross, with the new library just across the road (on top of Nellie Webster's Nan's house!)

The SOAR Works building behind Margo shops is very interesting. they have a team of people trying very hard to engage the residents and turn the area into a positive place! It also houses a number of Art Studios. Well worth a visit if you're in the area.

Living on Buchanan Rd is like being in the countryside.

I guess things have to change Richard.

i dont like change but i suppose we got to move with the times-even though i think the cross is awful now

Does anyone remember Big john wragg(76)who passed away recently..

Yes,I worked with John for quite a few years and his brothers Alan & Monty.

Hi redted50 any storys about big john ?

did john wragg live on mansel road ???

did john wragg live on mansel road ???

I was in his brother Alan Wraggs class, he lived on Mansel I think, if he's now a senior like me. :D