Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

I was told recently that, before the school was built, Mansell School site was "Easterbrook and Allcards" sports club.

Can anyone confirm this for me?

ANY IDEA WHATS HAPPENED TOP OF LINSEY RD??? POLICE ALL OVER:huh:

Apparently Theresa Ganley has died. Rough Diamond and a good childhood friend. RIP Theresa. XX

Yes its true about Threasa Ganley she's my nannan, we will post a thread on sheffield forum to let the people who knew & liked & loved her know, thank you xx

Lived next door to Theresa on Margetson. We were best friends from being small kids. She was Godmother to my daughter Lisa. Lots of many fond memories of our childhood. R.I.P. xxxxxx

Hi Katy, she was the best Nannan ever, the funeral will be held at grenoside cremotorion north chapel @ 2pm on Friday 3rd August 2012n hope you can make it & if you know anyone who also knew her could you let them know also, thanks ever so much, I hope she can see how many people liked, loved & cared for her, thanks xxx

Also the wake will be held at the beagle straight after the funeral to celebrate her life as she wouldn't want anyone to be upset, Theresa Ganley/Culf just so everyone is 100% on who she is as some people knew her as Culf, thanks xx

I know this is the px site but we all must remember the law brothers coaches-they had the yewlands contract and we can all remember colley club trip to skeggy in a law bros coach-i have managed to get a load of pics of the coaches onto my facebook page,,If anyone wants to see the pics you can join my facebook site where i have the coaches on my own site,,,if interested look up Richard Mcgowan and look for the baby in my profile pic if anyone is interested

Hi Katy, she was the best Nannan ever, the funeral will be held at grenoside cremotorion north chapel @ 2pm on Friday 3rd August 2012 xxx

Unfortunatley I'm travelling that day, going to see how London is fareing with The Olympics. I'll always have fond memories of Theresa. She was a one-off and that's for sure. Tough as old boots but with a genuine warm heart, and a friend to be treasured. I'll be thinking of you all. :wink::wink: Bless you Theresa wherever you are. XXX

Adblade, wonder if we knew each other, I lived in Masters Rd. during the dates you quote.

my name is ALAN HARDY ,iwent to lindsay school and finished up at southey.your name is ?did you go to lindsay rd youth club?

Yes its true about Threasa Ganley she's my nannan, we will post a thread on sheffield forum to let the people who knew & liked & loved her know, thank you xx

So sorry to hear about Theresa - I remember her well. I was in the same class at Colley with her sister Cheryl. My heart goes out to you all. xx

Alan, I am Keith Miller, lived at No.45. We moved to Masters Rd in 47, I was at Firth Park Grammar then, I left Firth Park & went to the Central Tech. Left school summer 49 & joined the Royal Navy. My family continued to live on Masters Rd until the early 50's. I had a younger brother called Tony he was 7 yrs younger than me. I can't say I recognise your name after all these years. I did go to Lindsey Rd youth club, it used to be in the school, is that correct? Had a girl friend at the club called Deidre, can't remember her last name. Another girl friend was Elsie Watson, she lived on the corner opposite the shops. Most of our activities took place in the circle at the top of Masters. Hope some of this rings a bell, if you to contact me please send a PM using my profile page.

very sad to see the news and youtube clips of colley youth club on remmington burned out by mindless vandals-it happened 2 weeks ago but the fire was minimal but the idiots finished it off now. It really p***es me off that the estate i was born on and grew up on is a total mess now. We was not perfect as kids,,knocking and running,,hedge hopping,,going the famous grand national down chaucer (avoiding the hole in the curleys garage) but we never vandalised our estate,,why do these idiots do it-I saw it happen on mansel when my parents had to move through the demolition of the malthouses-idiots smashing windows on the empty houses and breaking in-one question-WHY ???? its your estate,,,be proud and not cause damage,,my opinion is find out the culprits who's doing the damage and evict the full family,,that would scare the **** out of the parents who dont give a s**t