Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

By the way, what did it actually measure when you did it.

1.5 Kenny Goodinson's, when he was 13.

Had a great evening in The Beagle on "Torch" night. Fred and Julie Eyre give a warm welcome. I'm told that Saturday Night Singalongs are very popular and a bit spesh, so I must try and get across for one in the near future...

Hi I live at number 85 Mansel Crescent next door to Brian cobb are u any relation.

Hi

can you remeber my brother to Brian ,he was John Ashford big mate of Brians I believe.

Re Gennel /8ft off Knutton Cres I have to say it was known as both in my childhood.

The path between Mansel and Yewlane was known as the Black path even though it was red ash

I lived in Bartlett Road and recently went to see my old house only to find it had been flattened...very sad...they were well built little houses.

Hello is that Lynda Rose?

Do you remember Kath Ward?

Littleplum7,did you know the Emery and Lingard families?

Saturday, 14 July 2012. 11:00 until 16:00

The second in a series of four events PX Story Summer: Hero is on Saturday 14th July 11am-4pm at Knutton Road Studios.

All events are leading to the creation of the PX Story, a book about Parson Cross which will be compiled with direct input from residents and visitors to Parson Cross. It is not going to be a traditional novel, nor a shiny estate catalogue. The book aims to be a genuine hybrid of voices, perspectives, drawings, photos and stories - a multi-layered account of the contemporary life in PX.

This event is all about exploring the notion of Hero; a chance to tell your story about meaningful characters or people.

It is also a chance to explore the building, meet Steve Bush who wrote a book about Parson Cross in the 60’s, meet and work with artist Hannah Knights, contribute to the map of the world facilitated by Nick Waterfield. Abi Goodman and Sarah Smizz are going to have 'off-line' presence too!!

And enjoy a free cup of tea.

P.S. Cafe new summer menu will also be launched:)

Tomorrow, Saturday, 14 July 2012. 11:00 until 16:00

The second in a series of four events PX Story Summer: Hero is on Saturday 14th July 11am-4pm at Knutton Road Studios.

All events are leading to the creation of the PX Story, a book about Parson Cross which will be compiled with direct input from residents and visitors to Parson Cross. It is not going to be a traditional novel, nor a shiny estate catalogue. The book aims to be a genuine hybrid of voices, perspectives, drawings, photos and stories - a multi-layered account of the contemporary life in PX.

This event is all about exploring the notion of Hero; a chance to tell your story about meaningful characters or people.

It is also a chance to explore the building, meet Steve Bush who wrote a book about Parson Cross in the 60’s, meet and work with artist Hannah Knights, contribute to the map of the world facilitated by Nick Waterfield. Abi Goodman and Sarah Smizz are going to have 'off-line' presence too!!

And enjoy a free cup of tea.

P.S. Cafe new summer menu will also be launched

Why are all you guys from tother side of the cross, did I live in solitary on Masters Rd?

hiya,no you are not alone,i,m off lindsay ave.top of lindsay rd.few friends on masters.1946-69.

Adblade, wonder if we knew each other, I lived in Masters Rd. during the dates you quote.

I was told recently that, before the school was built, Mansell School site was "Easterbrook and Allcards" sports club.

Can anyone confirm this for me?