Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

Meeting you again was the highlight Kath

:love:

I should think so!!! Can't believe thirty odd years passed so quickly...and to meet up twice within a couple of months. It was great to meet up again at C & N. :)

Great to know that The Beagle carried on the tradition after I'd taken the King's Shilling. In the early seventies it was quite simply the best place to be and we had some wonderful times in there.

When I went back last year, to Smicker's 50th, the atmosphere was still the same. I spent the evening with the Eyre twins, Sue Martin (Bungi's wife) and a few others, and supped about a gallon and half.

Glorious!!

:headbang:

the tavern was a good place. but can you tell me where did the pieclet man with the bike and flat cap come from and i know iam not good at spelling,

the tavern was a good place. but can you tell me where did the pieclet man with the bike and flat cap come from and i know iam not good at spelling,

Tony

There is a thread on the Forum dedicated to The Piklet Man...

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16777&highlight=piklet+man

but it doesn't have an answer to your question. It seems that loads of people from different areas remember him but no-one seems to know where he came from - a bit like The Lone Ranger I guess

:confused:

used to go in Tavern with John Brown do u know him? they were a big family 7 brothers and a sister:help:

Tony

There is a thread on the Forum dedicated to The Piklet Man...

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16777&highlight=piklet+man

but it doesn't have an answer to your question. It seems that loads of people from different areas remember him but no-one seems to know where he came from - a bit like The Lone Ranger I guess

:confused:

Me Mum said he had a shop down near Bassets (where the Leisure centre now stand's)

Me Mum said he had a shop down near Bassets (where the Leisure centre now stand's)

Are you not thinking of The Sunday Man (Worth Brothers), the retail van that used to come down Doe Royd and down Wordsworth to The Milnrow?? They had a cafe near Bassetts

Are you not thinking of The Sunday Man (Worth Brothers), the retail van that used to come down Doe Royd and down Wordsworth to The Milnrow?? They had a cafe near Bassetts

No mate, the pikelet man came round on the old bike with the basket used to shout "oatcakes", always stopped outside our house on Wordsworth

No mate, the pikelet man came round on the old bike with the basket used to shout "oatcakes", always stopped outside our house on Wordsworth

Great stuff - that's the first pointer as to where he came from

Pikelet Man - you're on our radar...:rolleyes:

Great stuff - that's the first pointer as to where he came from

Pikelet Man - you're on our radar...:rolleyes:

he rode a cycle through steel houses down the 8 foot and came out on Deerlands ave then disappeared up towards parson x hotel:huh:

he rode a cycle through steel houses down the 8 foot and came out on Deerlands ave then disappeared up towards parson x hotel:huh:

I saw his bike once, parked at the top of the 8 foot. I think he used to get a cup of tea from Mrs Mansell.

I saw his bike once, parked at the top of the 8 foot. I think he used to get a cup of tea from Mrs Mansell.

He must have been the fittest man in sheffield :hihi:

always seemed to come round on a Sunday'think he wore a trilby and a silk neck scarf

He must have been the fittest man in sheffield :hihi:

always seemed to come round on a Sunday'think he wore a trilby and a silk neck scarf

yes thats him and a brown coat or overall.