Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

Missed it! :( Will have to go on the listen again thingy. Tapestry..one of my favourite albums - love it!!

A class album Kate. She speaks about it and plays a track from it (I won't spoil it by telling you which one)

It's always special when Carole's in town..

Too late now but Carole King was on The 1 Show tonight.

Thanks for the heads up on that. It's not a program I would normally watch but I caught it on computamabob. Great article on Paul Simon too! Double Whammy!!

Too late now but Carole King was on The 1 Show tonight.

Thanks for that - will watch on iplayer!

A class album Kate. She speaks about it and plays a track from it (I won't spoil it by telling you which one)

Started to listen on the play again thing but got interrupted - will try again today!

Started to listen on the play again thing but got interrupted - will try again today!

Busy life eh Kath?

Busy life eh Kath?

I was listening at work so I suppose I should expect to be interrupted - how dare they!!

Things a bit crazy at the moment, work, hospital visits and so it goes.....

Just listened to Carole Steve (at last). Do you know if she's touring here next year? That would be one I couldn't miss!

Just listened to Carole Steve (at last). Do you know if she's touring here next year? That would be one I couldn't miss!

It definitely would. I haven't heard of a tour but will keep an ear to the grapevine

I remember the first time I went in Davison’s on Buchanan Rd. It was a bit like the shop in Harry Potter that sells Magic Wands. It was fitted with ebony and teak effect drawers stacked high at the back, and anything you wanted was in one of these, it’s just that nobody knew which one. The little label slotted into the metal housing on the front of each drawer told only what was in it three years ago, and gave no clue about today’s contents.

There was all kinds of cloth and ribbons hanging from the ceiling and if your mum moved a few paces away to look at a knitting pattern, then you could very well lose her in the mist, so you clung on to one hand for dear life. Every time you went in, it was like an Aladdin’s Cave adventure. I remember one occasion when my mum had gone in for some darning wool, and we came out with a snake belt and a set of doily mats for the table.

The staff were very friendly, if not a little patronising, but as a kid you always felt you were in the way. Wherever you stood someone would soon be asking you to move, and they never spoke to you, they spoke to your mum about you, as though you weren’t there.

“Has Stephen started school yet?” (I was eight)

Even in the 60s it seemed like a very old fashioned place and was part of a disappearing lifestyle, a throwback to rationing and powdered eggs, but there was a level of comfort in its familiarity. I never get that same comfort from Poundland

And I was Christened there 1968

Married there 8/09/62.

Married there 8/09/62.

Have you still got photos Barry? - It would be nice if you can share a couple. There must be some good Parson Cross group photos I'd guess