Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

No plans yet but it's not beyond the realms

Maybe I could do an AudioBook too? now there's a thought..

Who should I get to read it? Sean Bean? Bobby Knutt? Jessica Ennis?

:)

tha better read it thissen lad

tha better read it thissen lad

Eee, Nah-then! Tha meyt juss be reyt thee-er

:headbang:

Names dont ring a bell but will ask my elder sister. Any way a name has come to me...Senner...I think Stephen Senior. Would that be Kenny and Wrigo`s mate (the fat one)?

I know you Julie !! ;)

Iremember Veronica on Yew Lane went To School (Yew Lane Secondary Modern School ) with her early 60's - lost touch when i moved away after getting married. I remember she 'knocked 'around with a girl named Christine Hudson :)
did you go out with alan gledall or ameba.

Fotos from the Parson Cross literary event

It was a wonderful night! Great seeing you guys again

How many people, including, Bushbaby have moved away to better places. we all remember our roots but they casn be replanted very easily somewhere else. Maybe Bushbaby might write about his time in Gleadless, iI wait in anticipation for the spoken word.

Maybe Bushbaby might write about his time in Gleadless.

I'd love to, but all the time I've lived in Gleadless I have worked in other parts of the country/world, so I don't have the same familiarity here as I did with my childhood home. As kids I'm sure you get to know areas better than you do as grown ups

I wouldn't necessarily say we've moved somewhere better - just different. Last night I saw a very nice side to Parson Cross and I sincerely hope that the community reeps the benefits of the new Learning Zone and its many facilities.

If I was to write about my "Post" Parson Cross life, then it would probably be about my time in the army - Watch This Space.........!!

did you go out with alan gledall or ameba.

Not seen Alan for years. The last time was when he beat me in the semi finals of the Bassett Trophy, playing darts in the works sports league.

Called on the Cross the other week and was told that Brian Newell and Maureen Green had both passed away.

If this is wrong information its only what was told to me and I apologize to them.

A great night at the Learning Zone centre last night with authors present as well as David Blunkett. It was great to see some old faces i,e Dave Baldwin, Keith Howard and David Platt (off Milnrow)Janet Taft and Barbara Neath (off Wordsworth). Great film of Sheffield in 1971 plus free wine and biscuits. What more could you want.

Called on the Cross the other week and was told that Brian Newell and Maureen Green had both passed away.

I'd also heard about Maureen, Phil. Didn't know about Bri Newell though. Smashing kid and a really good goalie on his day. Played in that classy Yew Lane team with Bogey Platts (See PeterErn's item above), Peasy Morton and Geoff Careless.

RIP Brian